USB Over Current Protection Chip Shortages

MostroW

USB Over Current Protection Chip Shortages

Unread post by MostroW »

Heya peeps,

I was working on a custom solution for my MiSTer but the there was a problem getting the over current protection chip NCP380LMUAJAATBG, i've also checked digikey and mouser but they did not have any.

Looking further to see for a drop in replacement i've come to the conclusion this is kind of hard as i want my board sent assembled.

Now i've seen a possible candidate which has stock, but would mean the following.

Removing the on-semi chip (naturally), also remove the 5.6k resistor for the 2.1A over current protection.

Adding AP22814ASN-7, there's also a AP228014 which has 2.5A over current protection instead of 3A on the linked model.
Also there's models with a BSN suffix which has an active low pin, instead of the ASN which has an active high pin which we want for the FE2.1 OVCJ[1].
But the BSN models are also hard to come by, which leads me to the following question.

Would it be feasible to use the ASN chip together with this NC7SU04P5X inverter IC?

As i am quite unexperienced still with these kind of things, i would like to ask what other more experienced people think of this idea?
The thing that makes me wonder if it works would be the high and low voltages which it would need to invert to get the desired result.