Keyboard Auto Scrolling Through OSD Upon Boot?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
mrmul8r

Keyboard Auto Scrolling Through OSD Upon Boot?

Unread post by mrmul8r »

Just built my first MiSTer setup (BlisSTer V2, 128MB, RTC & 5A PSU etc.)

Anyway, sometimes upon boot, the keyboard is unresponsive and scrolls automatically through OSD?

The only way I can fix this is to reformat my Sandisk micro SD card and do a fresh install. This is a PITA because I then have to copy everything back over again.

It then works fine for a while, but then all of a sudden starts acting up in the same way again!

I've updated the FW on the BlisSTer V2 and tried different micro SD cards and keyboards... same thing.

Any ideas what is happening please?
twotone8

Re: Keyboard Auto Scrolling Through OSD Upon Boot?

Unread post by twotone8 »

Did you make sure to update the firmware on both ports on the BlisSTer? They both have to be flashed independently, as there's two chips in there (one for each port).
mrmul8r

Unread post by mrmul8r »

I think it may well be the DE10-Nano, as I noticed that when this happens, the scrolling text at the bottom of the OSD (core info) is either scrolling really slowly or no moving at all. It's like the MiSTer is freezing and totally unresponsive?
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

mrmul8r wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 7:51 am I think it may well be the DE10-Nano, as I noticed that when this happens, the scrolling text at the bottom of the OSD (core info) is either scrolling really slowly or no moving at all. It's like the MiSTer is freezing and totally unresponsive?
That's a symptom of the Blister issue: the USB kernel worker thread uses a bunch of CPU and it makes the whole system slow.

I would double check you've updated both Blister ports; if you can ssh into the mister run 'dmesg' and see if there's a bunch of messages that look like
usb_submit_urb(ctrl) failed: -53

If you see that, the Blister is not updated.
Bear

Unread post by Bear »

Ah - thanks for the info here. I updated one BlisSTer port but not both and still had this issue...trying to update the second one next!