MiSTer Distribution Repository

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

MiSTer Distribution Repository

Unread post by theypsilon »

This repository contains files for manually accessing most user-relevant files from the MiSTer-devel organization:

URL: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Distribution_MiSTer

You can also download the whole repository, copy all the files and paste them directly in your MiSTer SD card. That would be my preferred offline setup process at the moment. Check the link to do that in the README.md of the repository.

This repository tries to update itself each 20 minutes. Only if changes are detected, it will push a new orphan branch with them.
dot-bob

Re: MiSTer Distribution Repository

Unread post by dot-bob »

I assume this is where the new updater script is going to pull it's updates.

Since it is under version control perhaps you can add the ability in the script to pull an older release at a specific date. This will help users in troubleshooting wither it is a buggy update or their specific setup that is causing their issue. It would also allow someone to revert to an older build and wait for updates if a broken build was released.
theypsilon
Scripting Wizard

Re: MiSTer Distribution Repository

Unread post by theypsilon »

dot-bob wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm I assume this is where the new updater script is going to pull it's updates.
Yes.
dot-bob wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 2:14 pm Since it is under version control perhaps you can add the ability in the script to pull an older release at a specific date. This will help users in troubleshooting wither it is a buggy update or their specific setup that is causing their issue. It would also allow someone to revert to an older build and wait for updates if a broken build was released.
It is within the realm of possibility. But realistically speaking, what I think users will want for these cases is blocking the download of a particular core that is not working for them. They would not want to time-travel the whole system for that specific purpose, since general errors are gonna be restricted to the mister binary or the menu core anyways. That's why the priority is to implement custom filters in the Downloader. It would be cool to time-travel the whole system though :lol: