Menu selector moves by itself on boot

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
df843

Menu selector moves by itself on boot

Unread post by df843 »

After updating my mister yesterday i noticed that when i turn the mister on, the menu comes up as normal but the selector which seats by default on the "arcade" tab starts moving up (which actually brings it down) to "utilities" and sometimes one space further up to "other" all by itself. At this time i have no gamepas or keyboards connected, just an asus bt400 bluetooth dongle but the same thing happens if i disconnect it from the mister. other than that, no input devices are connected.

Could it be some sort of interference or might it be some bug on this most recent update?

Thanks guys!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Re: Menu selector moves by itself on boot

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Do you have a Blisster ?

Have you ever updated its firmware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK39W--vClc
df843

Unread post by df843 »

Yes i recently updated because of the linux kernel update. Do you think i should update the blisster again?
df843

Unread post by df843 »

FPGA64 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:11 pm Do you have a Blisster ?

Have you ever updated its firmware

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK39W--vClc
I just tried updating with the blisster update script again today and the behaviour on boot remains the same
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Did you update both ports. If so then no. Just to be clear this is not an update that Update_all peforms its a different script
df843

Unread post by df843 »

FPGA64 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:31 pm Did you update both ports. If so then no. Just to be clear this is not an update that Update_all peforms its a different script
I am using the blisster_updater.sh update script. I did both ports as per the instructions
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

Then I am out of ideas. All I had was that the Blisster had to be updated with the change to the Linux Kernal if you had not done so in the recent past. Sorry
df843

Unread post by df843 »

FPGA64 wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:35 pm Then I am out of ideas. All I had was that the Blisster had to be updated with the change to the Linux Kernal if you had not done so in the recent past. Sorry
No problem! Thank you for your suggestion. It is kinda of a weird bug :)
df843

Unread post by df843 »

I reverted back to mister v20210829 and the issue does not ocurr so something changed from that version to 20210906 (which i think it is the most recent one). Also it seems to be happening when my wi fi dongle (TL-WN725N) initializes. If i take it out or if i plug it in once the mister is already booted to the main menu, the selector moves up a spot. Really weird stuff. Had no idea the wifi dongle could interfere with the input devices
rafael

Unread post by rafael »

I also had issues in the past with my WiFi dongle resulting in weird random input coming in. My setup also has a BlisSTer so not sure if there's a pattern there. In the end I just ditched the dongle.
df843

Unread post by df843 »

rafael wrote: Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:48 am I also had issues in the past with my WiFi dongle resulting in weird random input coming in. My setup also has a BlisSTer so not sure if there's a pattern there. In the end I just ditched the dongle.
Yeah in the end it might just be easier to get another compatible wifi dongle since it might be a specific HW gremlin