CRT SCR$ photo collection - contributors needed

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
akeley
Top Contributor

CRT SCR$ photo collection - contributors needed

Unread post by akeley »

CRT SCR$ project is an initiative aiming to build a collection of photos of software from the SD-era, displayed on live CRT TVs or monitors. It's hosted on archive.org: https://archive.org/details/crt-scr-v-0.1

Since my original hardware collection is very limited, I'm hoping to get some photo contributions from fellow CRT owners, especially those who own the machines I don't, eg: 8/16 bit consoles, Apple II, TI-99, PET, VIC and other micro/computers (the list of hardware I've used is after the links).

You don't need to be a pro-level photographer, it's possible to achieve good results even with a smartphone camera. Of course, more advanced efforts would also be welcome, same for the advice about taking CRT photos which, admittedly, can be very tricky. I have some experience in that field but am still learning.

There is more detailed info on the project's web page: https://www.arkhammanor.com/crtscr.html

I'm posting it here, because despite it being niche forum I know there's quite a few of CRT users, and also people who aside from MiSTer use original hardware. These photos might be also of interest to the devs who lack access to CRTs but would like to implement the output correctly and might need a frame of reference.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: CRT SCR$ photo collection - contributors needed

Unread post by lamarax »

Excellent project with crisp quality photos! Those uploaded at the moment seem to only have been shot from an aperture grille flat CRT (computer monitor or Trinitron TV).

It would be very helpful if people with standard shadow mask consumer TVs of the 80s and early 90s, can produce such detailed results!
akeley
Top Contributor

Re: CRT SCR$ photo collection - contributors needed

Unread post by akeley »

lamarax wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 5:39 pm Those uploaded at the moment seem to only have been shot from an aperture grille flat CRT (computer monitor or Trinitron TV).
Yeah, I'm limited to late RGB-fed Trinitrons and PC VGA monitors (you can see which ones in most of the file names). So, yes, some other CRT types would be most welcome, same with different sources (component, RF, etc) and machines.