DE10 Nano stock shortages?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
dshadoff
Core Developer

Re: DE10 Nano stock shortages?

Unread post by dshadoff »

I also heard from another user that they received theirs 9 days after initial order from an "out of stock" status at Terasic. I'm not sure what shipping options are available, but obviously that package would have been shipped via courier (probably Fedex).
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

I looked into their store direct to send to the UK and it was a ludicrous amount of money, shipping was around $60 alone.
jadehawk

Unread post by jadehawk »

Alkadian wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 6:16 pm Just out of curiosity. Are you guys considering to get a second board as a back up in case of a failure?
Thanks!
Just pre-ordered a second board (didn't know I could pre-order from mouser.).

Plan is as a backup, but I'll also like to build a new MiSTer using the MiSTer Plus I/O Board from Antonio Villena.

I managed to snag an I/O board from his site a few minutes ago.

Here is a link on what the MiSTer Plus I/O board looks like.

https://youtu.be/8NzVBdlwbgg
GreyAreaUK

Unread post by GreyAreaUK »

I ordered mine from Mouser in the UK end of November last year. Order status is still 'back ordered', so looks like supplies are a little dry at the moment. Was supposed to ship Jan 31st, but doesn't look like that's happened.
Hull_klogan

Unread post by Hull_klogan »

I ordered one about 2 weeks ago by emailing sales at Terrasic directly. I was able to buy it that day. It was shipped from their Springville, Utah office. Maybe they have more? The sales rep I spoke to was named Linda, she was super helpful.
GreyAreaUK

I'm content to wait for now, but good to know. Thanks.
GreyAreaUK

I may need to revisit this...Mouser now say it'll be the end of July before it ships!
Orbiting inside the Roche Limit of sanity.
Bunker

Unread post by Bunker »

GreyAreaUK wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:59 am I may need to revisit this...Mouser now say it'll be the end of July before it ships!
and only 300 units if you are from the UK, i just cancelled my pre order with them.
Thrasher976

Unread post by Thrasher976 »

GreyAreaUK wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 11:59 am I may need to revisit this...Mouser now say it'll be the end of July before it ships!
I had a pre order in with Mouser US, and canceled that on Tuesday, after verifying with Terasic, that they had stock, and ordered two direct, should be here in the US within a week or so, depending on weather and customs. Also Terasic's site now shows stock of the DE10-Nano. Might just want to get direct from the Manuf, if you are willing to deal with extra shipping and possibility of customs.
GreyAreaUK

Thrasher976 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:31 pm
I had a pre order in with Mouser US, and canceled that on Tuesday, after verifying with Terasic, that they had stock, and ordered two direct, should be here in the US within a week or so, depending on weather and customs. Also Terasic's site now shows stock of the DE10-Nano. Might just want to get direct from the Manuf, if you are willing to deal with extra shipping and possibility of customs.
If I order from them direct - just to be clear it's the item they list as 'DE10-Nano Kit', yes?
Thrasher976

Unread post by Thrasher976 »

GreyAreaUK wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:52 am
Thrasher976 wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 10:31 pm
If I order from them direct - just to be clear it's the item they list as 'DE10-Nano Kit', yes?
Correct, the DE10-Nano Kit, part number: P0496, listed price, $210USD

Updated shipdate now on the site is Feb 25th, not that bad, but I got confirmation that mine shipped today.
Lostdotfish

Unread post by Lostdotfish »

Digikey sent me an email a few days ago saying their supplier were unable to give them a supply date for my DE10 Nano backorder (placed December 2021).

I placed an order directly with Terasic yesterday and it shipped today.
GreyAreaUK

Just an update from another thread: I ended up ordering direct from Terasic on the 12th, and it should be here tomorrow.

Total cost here in the UK was:

Order Amount: $210
Shipping Cost: $54.73

(roughly £195) + £52 Customs duty

for a rough total of £247
Lostdotfish

GreyAreaUK wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:17 am Just an update from another thread: I ended up ordering direct from Terasic on the 12th, and it should be here tomorrow.

How long after your order/shipping notification did you get your customs duty information? I ordered yesterday and it's shipped today. Managed to qualify for the academic discount (current NUS card holder).

Order Amount: $175

£176.55 + £?? duty and fees
GreyAreaUK

Lostdotfish wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:52 am
GreyAreaUK wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 9:17 am Just an update from another thread: I ended up ordering direct from Terasic on the 12th, and it should be here tomorrow.

How long after your order/shipping notification did you get your customs duty information?
It was in my email this morning. Package hit their system somewhere around the 15th.

Edit: as an aside, if you supplied a mobile number I think you will also receive a text message (I did) saying basically the same as the email. Nice touch, slightly removes the 'is this a scam email?' question.
bankshot

Unread post by bankshot »

Hull_klogan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:05 pm I ordered one about 2 weeks ago by emailing sales at Terrasic directly. I was able to buy it that day. It was shipped from their Springville, Utah office. Maybe they have more? The sales rep I spoke to was named Linda, she was super helpful.
@Hull_klogan: Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience. I was also able to purchase one through Linda in the US office and had it in my hands within a few days.
Hull_klogan

Unread post by Hull_klogan »

bankshot wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 3:28 am
Hull_klogan wrote: Wed Feb 02, 2022 5:05 pm I ordered one about 2 weeks ago by emailing sales at Terrasic directly. I was able to buy it that day. It was shipped from their Springville, Utah office. Maybe they have more? The sales rep I spoke to was named Linda, she was super helpful.
@Hull_klogan: Just wanted to say thank you for sharing your experience. I was also able to purchase one through Linda in the US office and had it in my hands within a few days.
Glad to help! If you just have the de10 nano, you can play genesis, turbographix 16 and a couple arcade cores without sdram.
amb5l

Unread post by amb5l »

I ordered one from Terasic in Taiwan on February 14th and it arrived at my home in the UK today - 7 days later. No customs hassle, rightly or wrongly. Fedex tried to blow things up by leaving it at someone else's door and not taking a POD photo (!!!) but I have it in my hands. Total cost 264.73 USD.
C-R-T

Unread post by C-R-T »

Also GBA.
Lostdotfish

Lostdotfish wrote: Thu Feb 17, 2022 10:52 am

How long after your order/shipping notification did you get your customs duty information? I ordered yesterday and it's shipped today. Managed to qualify for the academic discount (current NUS card holder).

Order Amount: $175

£176.55 + £?? duty and fees
Mine seems to have managed to dodge any duty or fees. So all in, it worked out cheaper than my backorder with Digikey.
grizzly

Unread post by grizzly »

Here in sweden Fedex and UPS does send a bill for taxes/charges a while after we have got the shipment.
And i can take a while have read one or two times that it took more then 5 weeks.
So probably doing the same in other country's too, so don´t celebrate yet :mrgreen:
Xaxius

Unread post by Xaxius »

Thanks for the little nugget on ordering directly from Terasic. I had an open order for a DE10 since Dec 12th with Mouser and they pushed the delivery twice, from Jan to Feb and from Feb to July. I cancelled my order yesterday afternoon and placed a new one through Terasic. It shipped out overnight. :)

Thanks again!
Lostdotfish

grizzly wrote: Tue Mar 01, 2022 11:29 pm Here in sweden Fedex and UPS does send a bill for taxes/charges a while after we have got the shipment.
And i can take a while have read one or two times that it took more then 5 weeks.
So probably doing the same in other country's too, so don´t celebrate yet :mrgreen:
It's weird, I got a separate load of paperwork from FedEx that I assumed was going to be a bill but it seems to show zero duty. I wonder if it is exempt due to being part of their student/academic program...