MiSTer cloud gaming, share your setup

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
JamesH

MiSTer cloud gaming, share your setup

Unread post by JamesH »

Hi fellow MISTer enthusiasts!

I am wondering if someone else is trying to set up a "cloud gaming" for the MISTer.

Disclaimer: my mates are quite technical, so what we have is not end-user-friendly setup. It requires direct SSH'ing, linux servers and some console wizardy. We also mostly interested in the old computer cores, so no fast paced dynamic gaming, this is about remote terminal access to an old computer emulated by MISTer. Apologies, this is not exactly a "howto" post, here you won't find commands you can copy&paste to get it running quickly. Just sharing the overall idea and wondering if people are doing the same or anything more complex.

Long story short, during our "LAN over Internet" parties I am using HDMI capture card to share MISTer output to a video conference and fabilous netevent project to send keyboard and mouse events from user's computer. Apparently, I had to compile it for MISTer (armhf). I port-forward SSH from MISTer box to a VPS I have ("SSH bastion" setup) and client configures netdev to send keystrokes/mouse to that VPS. That's it.

Hope it helps someone to share their MISTer setup with their friends far far away :)
Attachments
netevent.armhf.7z
netevent MISTer binary
(40.13 KiB) Downloaded 102 times