Does update install all the arcade games?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
scotter140

Does update install all the arcade games?

Unread post by scotter140 »

I recently got a MiSTer but haven’t had a chance to mess around with too much. I ran an update script that downloaded a bunch of arcade roms. Is that ALL the supported arcade games? If not what exactly does it pull?
jca
Top Contributor

Re: Does update install all the arcade games?

Unread post by jca »

It depends:
If you did not enable the Jotego updater you will not get the arcade cores from Jotego which by default downloads only the Jotego cores released to the public. If you enable beta for the Jotego updater it will download all Jotego cores but you won't be able to use the beta if you are not one of his patrons.
This is only for the cores (rbf) and mras, not the roms.
For the roms:
if you have mame and hbmame getters enabled it will download all the roms corresponding to the mras which are on your system.
scotter140

Re: Does update install all the arcade games?

Unread post by scotter140 »

jca wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:57 pm It depends:
If you did not enable the Jotego updater you will not get the arcade cores from Jotego which by default downloads only the Jotego cores released to the public. If you enable beta for the Jotego updater it will download all Jotego cores but you won't be able to use the beta if you are not one of his patrons.
This is only for the cores (rbf) and mras, not the roms.
For the roms:
if you have mame and hbmame getters enabled it will download all the roms corresponding to the mras which are on your system.
I have everything enabled except LLAPI FOLDER. I am not a patron of his however