Weird graphic glitches + flickering after booting cores?

Discussion about displays and related hardware including MiSTer filters and video settings.
Norkusa

Weird graphic glitches + flickering after booting cores?

Unread post by Norkusa »

I've been using my Mister for over a year with no problems but recently I've been having some graphic problems that I've never experienced before. The main Mister menu screen always looks good whenever I first turn it on. But many times when I boot a core up, the screen will quickly flicker once with some glitchy colored horizontal bars on a portion of the screen. This happens within a fraction of a second and disappears as soon as the core is loaded. This isn't a big deal but a lot of times when I start a game after this, there might be some random flickering happening while I'm playing a game. And sometimes, the graphics will be completely garbled and I'll have to reboot Mister to get rid of it.

This problem seems to happen completely at and random and there is no rhyme or reason to when it occurs. Any ideas on what is happening? I'm using my Mister (128mb ram) with HDMI on a TCL 4k tv. I experienced the same problems while playing on another tv (also TCL 4k) but this just started happening a month or two ago after a year with no problems at all. Was thinking a fresh install of Mister on my microSD card might fix but since I'm using a 512gb card, I thought I'd ask for help here first before clearing my card and reinstalling everything.
ReadyPlayerTwo

Re: Weird graphic glitches + flickering after booting cores?

Unread post by ReadyPlayerTwo »

CEC issue i think, you prob need a non CEC HDMI cable or get a non CEC adapter for the current hdmi cable. I had a few similar issues and adapter sorted them out.
ReadyPlayerTwo

Re: Weird graphic glitches + flickering after booting cores?

Unread post by ReadyPlayerTwo »