Method to verify SD card slot is functional?

Showcase builds, discuss cases, embedding MiSTer into existing computer cases.
SavagePencil

Method to verify SD card slot is functional?

Unread post by SavagePencil »

I got a pre-assembled MiSTer and am having trouble with the SD card slot. I imaged the latest mr-fusion to an SD card (Kingston 32GB) using Apple Pi Writer, but the machine didn't recognize the SD card and went to the pre-installed OS. I then tried with the same with a different SD card (SanDisk 256GB) imaged with Windows Disk Imager; same results.

With the SD card in the slot, fdisk does not report that a disk is present. However, when I plug the SD card into a USB card reader into the MiSTer, it shows up just fine.

I'm concerned my SD card slot may be defective, but I'm not sure how it is read/mounted/etc. Are there any commands I can run to validate if the card reader is functional?
Solskogen

Re: Method to verify SD card slot is functional?

Unread post by Solskogen »

How many sdcard slots do you have on your mister?
SavagePencil

Just one. It’s the “standard I/O” (analog out) package from here: https://misteraddons.com/collections/al ... er-bundles
jca
Top Contributor

Unread post by jca »

The SD card slot on the standard I/O is the secondary slot used by very few cores for their own purpose.
The SD card slot for the system is the SD card slot on the DE10 nano in which you have the preinstalled SD card and is the reason it always boots that system.
SavagePencil

This is what I get for working in a dark environment :)