How to bind keyboard keys to game pad?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Psygho

How to bind keyboard keys to game pad?

Unread post by Psygho »

Hello,
I use flynnsbit 300 games exo DOS . Core ao486. I have an RII k18plus USB keyboard with Mouse pad. This is werking wel.
I have 8bit do sega genesis mini gamepad.

I like to map the cursor keys to the games pad, so i can i.e. play stutns with mine gamepad.
Hoe can i do this? The option mailing per game doe not work. It does not see mine game pad.

Thnx in advance.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: How to bind keyboard keys to game pad?

Unread post by Newsdee »

You need to map the gamepad in the menu core first.
Psygho

Unread post by Psygho »

I had forgotten that to mention.
I have mapped the controller in menu, for browsing main menu, and some cores. And that is working well. Have SNAC for snes and nes. All working wel.

Take a closer look tonight...
Psygho

Unread post by Psygho »

Well, , could not find an options to map keyboard buttons to m30. Anny help ?
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

BBond built a new version of the TDL interface that allows for Joystick control but there are many other things that will need changed and you are going to be limited to what games will work if they don't support Joysticks natively. There is an option for mapping keys to joystick that you can do while you are in the core (it wont save when you exit the core so you will have to remap it when you reload)

Stunts has Joystick support though. Did you go into Options and select Joystick?

If that doesn't work:

Once in the menu go to this option:
98318188-b6af3c80-1fa3-11eb-9634-4b043f5aa121.png
98318188-b6af3c80-1fa3-11eb-9634-4b043f5aa121.png (12.67 KiB) Viewed 2668 times

Click the button you want to map, then hit the keyboard key you want it to press. Technically this should work for you. Again, this mapping does not save and will reset when you exit out of ao486 to the main menu or any other core.
flynnsbit
Top Contributor

Unread post by flynnsbit »

Stunts works fine with a joystick using the 300 pack. in game, go to Options, driving input device, select joystick.
stunts.PNG
stunts.PNG (15.47 KiB) Viewed 2994 times
Psygho

Unread post by Psygho »

I am aware of joystick. And that works fine on the m30.... but i want to have separate buttons for brake and accelaration.
Wil try mapping. I though i have to press keyboard first then controller... but it is vice versa...

Thnx for input! Wil report later.

:shock: :D
Well that dus work!

I narrow the problem ... when is used remap, before for sms game, to switch A and B button, i user to press the button i want to change, AND then to the button i like. In this case, the outcome is the same, for switching 2 buttons.

In the ao486 core, I ended up pressing first the keyboard key, AND then the desirerd key of m30 gamepad.. because i though that is hoe je should work..
Again thanks zo much!, i feel so dumb... :oops: :oops: