WiFi driver install help

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
corsair1973

WiFi driver install help

Unread post by corsair1973 »

I just got a Mister board recently. Pretty much everything working so far, over an ethernet line.

I'm trying to setup a usb wifi adapter. I downloaded the driver source. But when I go to the linux prompt on Mister it tells me the "make" command doesn't exist. I don't see it in /usr/bin. Neither is apt-get etc.

I've read this is an embedded linux rather than the full thing, but isn't there a way to run or install make? I see gcc is listed in the /proc/version.

Any help appreciated.
jdeberhart

Re: WiFi driver install help

Unread post by jdeberhart »

As long as the adapter is supported, you don't need to build a driver. Just run the wifi script.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... WiFi-setup
Tulius

Unread post by Tulius »

D-Link DWA-171 HWVer: C1 / USB ID 0bda:1a2b does NOT work out of the box

Anyone can help me to solve this?
I have a usb wifi with this USB ID:0bda:1a2b but wifi script dont works, just appears "Press any key to continue" and goes back to default Mister screen.
I already located and edited the file wpa_supplicant.conf with the correct SSID and pass but to no avail... the wifi icon dont appear on top, only ethernet cable works for now.
throAU

Unread post by throAU »

Best bet is to find an adapter that works and jut use that. They’re very cheap, from memory the one I got from Terasic was $5-15 or so.

Imho mister is an appliance and dirtying it up with c compilers, source code, etc. and having to recompile your wifi module every time the kernel gets updated is just going to be ongoing pain you could solve for $peanuts