No ROMs At All?

For topics which do not fit in other specific forums.
betasniper

No ROMs At All?

Unread post by betasniper »

I've run the update-all script but only the arcade cores roms seem to have downloaded. I used Mister fusion on windows 10 using etcher if that makes a difference. Ethernet used when update-all was used de10nano board only no RAM or io board.

zakk4223

Re: No ROMs At All?

Unread post by zakk4223 »

That's the correct behavior. If you want roms for other systems you need to download them yourself.
johhenrik

Unread post by johhenrik »

A complete rom set for all console cores is more than a TB, so no, you have to provide that yourself.
betasniper

Unread post by betasniper »

OK thanks y'all. That clears up my confusion. Somehow I thought it loaded games on install cause most videos gloss over the ROM installs.
Shuffle7

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

Sounds a stupid question but can you play any MAME Rom are just the ones that have been converted to mister ?

Love it if system 16 was available
johhenrik

Unread post by johhenrik »

Shuffle7 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm Sounds a stupid question but can you play any MAME Rom are just the ones that have been converted to mister ?

Only the ones which have cores made for them. If I were to guess though, I would think System 16 will be released this year, based on what some devs had said. But who knows. What I love about the MiSTer project is that there are updates almost daily. :)
Shuffle7

Unread post by Shuffle7 »

johhenrik wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 11:11 pm
Shuffle7 wrote: Mon Jan 18, 2021 10:55 pm Sounds a stupid question but can you play any MAME Rom are just the ones that have been converted to mister ?

Only the ones which have cores made for them. If I were to guess though, I would think System 16 will be released this year, based on what some devs had said. But who knows. What I love about the MiSTer project is that there are updates almost daily. :)
Thanks for clearing that up .. I love my mister , had it about a month now like you said it’s always good and keep its fresh getting the updates. Fingers crossed for data east robocop and sega golden axe .., oh and wardner !!!