Reboot (hold > cold reboot)

Kernel, Main, Utilities & Applications, Miscellaneous Devices.
exoticatom

Reboot (hold > cold reboot)

Unread post by exoticatom »

Menu item "Reboot (hold > cold reboot)" does that mean if I hold button *Start?? " MiSTer will cold reboot ? As it doesn't work for me. Which button should I hold ?? :-) Sorry noob here.

I wanted to reboot / restart mister with a button (or buttons) on my x-arcade stick which is running in X-Input mode. Is that possible to reboot mister without physical keyboard attached and without physical case buttons?
SwedishGojira

Re: Reboot (hold > cold reboot)

Unread post by SwedishGojira »

It means that when you chose that option in the menu and keep the button pressed down it will do a cold reboot insteqd of a soft reboot.
exoticatom

ahh :) ok. thank you
exoticatom

and, I cannot map "reboot" to a button on the joystick ? I need USB keyboard to be always connected (or hardware button from the case)?
I just don't like to have a keyboard all the time with me.
Harrumph

Unread post by Harrumph »

No you don't need keyboard connected, just map Menu to a gamepad/joystick button combination in the main settings.

So then you can access menu with this button combination, and do reset from there.
exoticatom

Harrumph wrote: Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:20 pm No you don't need keyboard connected, just map Menu to a gamepad/joystick button combination in the main settings.

So then you can access menu with this button combination, and do reset from there.
Thank you, I tried that.
But if I go to Menu, select re-map keyboard, then press shift + F12 to remap it, none of the X-input joystick buttons would be accepted.
Menu stay in mode "Press Key to remap". I think this would only work if your joystick is recognized as keyboard and not for D-input or X-input.

Or I got you wrong, and I'm missing point. Did you have another idea ?

EDIT: oh thanks, I went through *Define Joystick Buttons" and at some point it asked me for the menu :-D . All good

thx!