Have a pre-configured MiSTer on the way, what else will I need for a Neo Geo set up?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Ghoost

Have a pre-configured MiSTer on the way, what else will I need for a Neo Geo set up?

Unread post by Ghoost »

So I have a pre-configured Mister from Mister Add Ons (https://misteraddons.com/products/mister-bundles) on the way. The pre configured unit includes:

DE10-Nano
Power Adapter
128 MB SDRAM
USB Hub + USB Bracket
Power Splitter + Switch (Standard IO only - not needed for Digital IO)
IO Board (Digital)

What else will I need hardware wise and software/configuration wise to get Neo Geo running well?

From my understanding I will need a MicroSD card for data, hdmi cable to connect monitor, ethernet cable to connect to internet, keyboard to start set up, and I have a controller in the form of the Qanba Drone PS4/PS3 arcade stick to play with. Is there any further hardware that I need or would benefit a Neo Geo set up?

I understand when it arrives I will have to set up the Mister files on the micro SD and download the cores through the system. I will then need to include games on the microSD for the Mister to run. Is there any further set up or tweaks which I will need to complete to have the set up run properly? Will my Qanba Drone controller work via plug and play?

Sorry for the basic questions and thank you for the help!
WiteWulf

Re: Have a pre-configured MiSTer on the way, what else will I need for a Neo Geo set up?

Unread post by WiteWulf »

Nah, you should be good to go with that lot. Just don't forget to run update.sh once you've got the MiSTer booted up and connected to your network, then grab a copy of update_all.sh to do all the other nice things.

https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
darksakul

Re: Have a pre-configured MiSTer on the way, what else will I need for a Neo Geo set up?

Unread post by darksakul »

Just have the roms in the right folders, download the bios files (Update_All will do it for you), and that should be it.

If you are using the UNIVERSE BIOS set the core to MVS and get the Bios set the console and region for each game (hold down A, B, and C when the game first starts) to set each game settings, make sure memory card saving set to on to keep your settings.
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

like darksakul said, and B C D at startup enters the dip menu when booting.