X-Arcade Duel Tank Stick Button Mapping Issue with Street Fighter 2

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
80sArcadeKid

X-Arcade Duel Tank Stick Button Mapping Issue with Street Fighter 2

Unread post by 80sArcadeKid »

Hi. I'm extremely sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I can't find what I'm looking for through search so hopefully someone can point me to the right thread or answer here.

I tried to play the Street Fighter II (any version) with the X-Arcade Duel Tank Stick and the second player button 6 (Heavy Kick) does not work.

So...
If I map all the buttons using player 1 controls, player 2 works (mirrored) except for the last button (heavy kick)
If I map all the buttons using player 2 controls, then both controls work as player 1 (but the heavy kick is working!)
Which suggests the button is fine but the 2nd player mirroring is missing the last button mapping.

How do you separate the controls so I can also map player 2 properly?

Thanks for any instruction or links.
paulbnl
Core Developer

Re: X-Arcade Duel Tank Stick Button Mapping Issue with Street Fighter 2

Unread post by paulbnl »

MiSTer is able to convert JammaSD/J-PAC/I-PAC keyboard keys to joysticks but the X-Arcade has slightly different keyboard keys.

You need to reprogram the X-Arcade stick to send the same keys as J-PAC listed here at the J-PAC installation tab: https://www.ultimarc.com/control-interf ... interface/

After that follow this tutorial how to set up a J-PAC: viewtopic.php?f=32&t=448
Mellified

Re: X-Arcade Duel Tank Stick Button Mapping Issue with Street Fighter 2

Unread post by Mellified »

Your best bet is to get the tri-mode board and use the Xarcade with Xinput (mode 3).