Which Software to Install First?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
Captain FPGA

Which Software to Install First?

Unread post by Captain FPGA »

As I understand it there's software I need to download for the BlisSTer LLAPI or whatever the fuck. Then there's the normal MiSTer software to get the thing going with all of the cores.

My set-up is a Blisster, DE10 Nano, Analog IO, 128 MB of RAM, and heatsink. Although I have a Blisster I don't have any bliss controllers yet. Just to hold me until I can afford some, I wanna use the Saturn USB controller I bought for my PC a while back. Will the Blisster just work with my Saturn usb controller as soon as I turn on the whole Mister device? I was gonna just plug it into one of the four other ports rather than the low latency port.

Last thing, the ac adapter that came with the Nano, so long as I am using the Blisster and not the USB Hub that requires extra wires... I can just plug the De10 Nano's ac adapter right into the Blisster and it will power the whole device correct? I believe it is a 5V.
Dreams don't die!
Mellified

Re: Which Software to Install First?

Unread post by Mellified »

I have a pretty similar setup. The BlisSTer will work with any USB controller the MiSTer supports. That's almost all of them, with a notable exception or two.

1. Download the Update_All script here: https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
2. Configure Update_All to download the LLAPI cores.
3. The BlisSTer should include a short cable with the barrel-style power connector on both ends. That connects from your BlisSTer board to the DE-10 nano's power input. Then you plug the power supply into the BlisSTer. This allows you to use the power button on the BlisSTer to turn off everything at once.
Captain FPGA

Mellified wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 4:03 pm I have a pretty similar setup. The BlisSTer will work with any USB controller the MiSTer supports. That's almost all of them, with a notable exception or two.

1. Download the Update_All script here: https://github.com/theypsilon/Update_All_MiSTer
2. Configure Update_All to download the LLAPI cores.
3. The BlisSTer should include a short cable with the barrel-style power connector on both ends. That connects from your BlisSTer board to the DE-10 nano's power input. Then you plug the power supply into the BlisSTer. This allows you to use the power button on the BlisSTer to turn off everything at once.
Hey did everything you said. It looks like my I/O Board isn't registering everything else appears to light up. It keeps bringing me to the Linux menu, I can't help but feel I did something wrong? I'm going to reformat and install the software again.

Not sure if this means anything but it doesn't look like my Noctua Fan for the I/O Board came with that large wire I often see in pictures... could that be a factor? I bought it from Mister Co Uk. I think it had the tiny wire attached but not the big one.
Dreams don't die!
Mellified

Unread post by Mellified »

Captain FPGA wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:50 am Not sure if this means anything but it doesn't look like my Noctua Fan for the I/O Board came with that large wire I often see in pictures... could that be a factor? I bought it from Mister Co Uk. I think it had the tiny wire attached but not the big one.
We took a look and Captain had the base microSD card inserted - along with another card.

PSA - double check the microSD slot before you try to install a card!
Captain FPGA

Mellified wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 4:02 am
Captain FPGA wrote: Sat May 29, 2021 12:50 am Not sure if this means anything but it doesn't look like my Noctua Fan for the I/O Board came with that large wire I often see in pictures... could that be a factor? I bought it from Mister Co Uk. I think it had the tiny wire attached but not the big one.
We took a look and Captain had the base microSD card inserted - along with another card.

PSA - double check the microSD slot before you try to install a card!
This. I'm so used to the micro sd coming in the box inside a bag or case. Not in the device itself! I'll know from now on to check these sd slots in advance.
Dreams don't die!