MiSTer won't boot to menu core

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
RascalUK

MiSTer won't boot to menu core

Unread post by RascalUK »

Not a newbie by any means but got a problem maybe somebody else has had. I don't generally mess with update_all, preferring to do most things manual but with the new Jotego distribution systemand the fact my arcade folder is in a bit of a mess I decided to delete all my arcade and run update_all to get a new set.

I changed the settings so that it performed a full sync and it seemed to freeze at the point on the Jotego cores where it said "backing up cores". Left it for two hours and then rebooted but now it won't boot the menu. I just get a screen of static. Any ideas?

I know I could just redo the card and run update_all etc but I had a fairly heavily curated set of roms for a few systems so would rather save it if at all possible...

Any help appreciated..
bazza_12
Top Contributor

Re: MiSTer won't boot to menu core

Unread post by bazza_12 »

i'd access the card directly from a pc, copy what you need, then do a clean install.. once done, copy back the data you'd previously saved.
The music is reversible but time is not. Turn back. Turn back
RascalUK

Re: MiSTer won't boot to menu core

Unread post by RascalUK »

Thanks mate. Yeah I've grabbed all my folders back off the card that way. Going to reset up now. Weird though, first time had any kind of problem with it in 18 months.