Update messed up my keyboard controls

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
sbnr21

Update messed up my keyboard controls

Unread post by sbnr21 »

I updated all the scripts on Friday, September 3, 2021. I noticed every time I tried to scroll down on the list of consoles the highlight cursor would keep rolling on it's own. I figured maybe my wireless keyboard needed to be charged, so I switched to my hardwired USB keyboard and no improvement. I can't stop it from moving - I barely get it to stop sometimes when I hit escape or F12 but those buttons aren't really responding either. When I finally got it to boot into a console core the keyboard and my controller joystick wouldn't respond. I just tried updating all the scripts again a couple of times and I even tried hard cold booting. Nothing has worked!!!

Any help would be greatly appreciate.

Thanks
zakk4223

Re: Update messed up my keyboard controls

Unread post by zakk4223 »

If you have a Blisster board update the firmware:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VK39W--vClc
JudgeDrokk

Unread post by JudgeDrokk »

I've been hanging off updating while there are issues with USB on the update (kernal/linux)

I dont have buttons on my case and it would be a major headache to have to pull apart my case and disassemble to get a working USB hub...

it's 60 year old bakalite.
Attachments
E8fjfnhWEAAVKBx.jpg
E8fjfnhWEAAVKBx.jpg (98.17 KiB) Viewed 1313 times
sbnr21

Unread post by sbnr21 »

Thanks for the help. My issue has been resolved with the USB connectors.

I have my mister dual connected to a modern hdmi TV and and old school monitor via YPBBR (Component) and now the picture rolls and is distorted on my crt . I thought maybe the connection was loose, so I turned everything off and carefully unhooked and re-hooked everything back but it's not fixed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.