I'm just getting started with MiSTer. My setup came with an 8Gb SD Card which works, but I've been trying to set up a 512Gb Sandisk card, and keep hitting a wall.
- flash MrFusion to card (I'm using balenaEtcher on Windows)
- insert into MiSTer
- power on -> initial setup successful
- enable wifi
- run update.sh (also tried update_all.sh)
- can successfully reboot via reset button (or Linux shell, or reboot in the menu)
- can enable Samba, copy games over network, play things... BUT
- after power off, no longer starts - blue light and green lights come on, but no yellow light and boot
- switch back to supplied ("Team" branded 8Gb) card - it works fine!
I've tried variations of this multiple times. I read about potential issues with the SD card slot itself, but since the other card works OK, I'm fairly convinced it is specific to the card. I have a smaller one of a different brand on order, but is there a known issue with specific sizes or brands? I tried
on the card, and Windows found and fixed some issue on the "Mister Data" partition, but it still would not boot in the MiSTer itself, so I'm guessing something more fundamental is corrupting the boot table on the card?