parts list help SFII, SFII CE, NES, SNES, SW

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
WorldWarrior286

parts list help SFII, SFII CE, NES, SNES, SW

Unread post by WorldWarrior286 »

*puts down quarter*

Hi All! Getting ready to buy my first MiSTer and need some help with planning what parts to buy.

I am mostly interested making recreating the Street Fighter II and Street Fighter 2 Championship edition experience I had as a kid. I am also interested in playing some other Fighters such as Marvel VS Capcom, Mortal Kombat 1 and 2, Killer Instint as well some some consoles(NES, SNES). I would also like two player joysticks with happ buttons and bat tops (not sure what kind of sticks to go with). I also want to try a hit box controller on these old games. For now I will be playing on an HDMI monitor but I will eventually want a CRT

So far I think I will need:
MiSTercade,
Terasic DE10-Nano,
A micro SD card,
SDRAM,
DC Splitter + Power Switch,
Bluetooth Adapter.
8BitDo SN30 Pro USB gamepad
am I missing anything?

So the questions I have are:

Do I just attach the MiSTercade to the DE10-Nano? Will I still need the USB add on?

What hardware will I need to connect the MiSTercade to a CRT and two fightsticks? WIll I need to buy an actual CPS1 and CPS2 arcade board?

What size/brand of CRT should I hunt for to try to come close to the ones used in the original cabinets?

TIA!
Stupid Dufus

Re: parts list help SFII, SFII CE, NES, SNES, SW

Unread post by Stupid Dufus »

I may be reading your post wrong, but it sounds like you plan to use USB inputs and want to do HDMI out to a standard monitor or TV. In that case, you don't need or want to get a MiSTercade.

MiSTercade is if you plan to put your MiSTer inside a jamma arcade cabinet.

For your basic home use you'd want:
  • Terasic DE10-Nano
  • microSD card (I believe the DE10 comes with one, though a bit small in storage capacity)
  • SDRAM
  • DC Splitter + Power Switch
  • USB hub (if you go with the MiSTer USB hub you'll want to splitter mentioned above, along with a USB bracket to connect the hub to the nano)

But if you ARE planning to put it in a jamma cabinet, then:
  • Terasic DE10-Nano
  • microSD card
  • SDRAM
  • MiSTercade
I believe that'd be it. If I've misunderstood, let me know.
gamesfan

Re: parts list help SFII, SFII CE, NES, SNES, SW

Unread post by gamesfan »

My advise is:
Get this: https://misteraddons.com/products/mister-bundles
It will come with the Nano, Ram, IO board and USBhub (everything you need to get going) 370 usd..

Then for your arcade controls its really up to your preference.
you can get a kit, or build your own
https://arcadeshock.com/

if you do build your own, build a daemonbite adapter.. mega cheap and works amazing.

Bluetooth is kinda laggy so if your just going to connect to a TV and play across the room with your 8bitdo
Id recommend the 2.4 ghz M30 (sega look alike) or Retro bits SNES style 2.4ghz ones.. they are not bluetooth and the lag is alot less.

I have a cab where I used sanwa parts and built a daemonbite adapter, then I used an HDMI splitter to duplicate the video feed to a CRT using a HDMI to RCA adapter for like 10.00 on Amazon so depending on what I want to play I can use my controllers and sit and play on the TV or play at my arcade.
Attachments
IMG_2949.jpg
IMG_2949.jpg (792.88 KiB) Viewed 2692 times
IMG_2948.jpg
IMG_2948.jpg (1.11 MiB) Viewed 2697 times