What componensts do I need for full MiSTer setup?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
grizzly

Re: What componensts do I need for full MiSTer setup?

Unread post by grizzly »

Yes the digital IO board switch does switch power for the DE-10
Just be sure to set up the DE-10 correctly which i did miss first and Nat asked nicely if i had switched the switch on the DE-10 in an email and presto it worked.
https://misterfpga.co.uk/mister-fpga-ho ... -io-board/
german_user

Unread post by german_user »

Blastmaster wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:42 pm Hopefully my final questions :)

I`m probably going to opt for the digital IO board. Does that make a difference regarding the case I can buy ? Do most cases fit both digital and analog IO boards ?

Many thanks
I would like to introduce you to at least two alternatives to a normal stack, which have already built in many things of the individual boards and bring the whole thing in a different form factor. The MMS in particular has the advantage that it offers analog output (VGA, Scart) but also Toslink. Another advantage is that 128MB RAM are automatically included. The product from 3DFMod is ideal if you already planned to install the whole thing in a PC case. I'm not sure whether you made a conscious decision to use a stack or whether you simply don't know the alternative adapter boards yet. But I don't want to confuse or unsettle you.

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3031

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3399
throAU

Unread post by throAU »

Oh I forgot the heatsink for the DE10-Nano in my post. You want that for sure. They're like a dollar from any decent electronics store.