Did I nuke my MiSTer?

Just got a MiSTer and need some help? Join the forum and post your questions here!
TheOG

Did I nuke my MiSTer?

Unread post by TheOG »

Hi! I've had my MiSTer for about a year, had no problems setting it up or installing the update_all script on initial setup back then. Everything (minus a few recent update_all errors) has been fine as far as running ROMs goes.

I recently decided that I wanted to upgrade to a larger SD card. I installed Mister Fusion and the update_all script on the new card like I did with the old one. When I FTPed into the MiSTer before installation I saw that the menus and directories and everything were still in memory even when I had the prior SD card not plugged in. More importantly, it would not do a new installation when I had my new SD card installed. Doing a reboot didn't help either.

After looking into how to address this and finding no answers, I deleted all of the files and folders on the MiSTer via FTP. I figured that a fresh install would be preferable since I was getting a few errors when running the update_all script anyway. I plugged in my SD card with MiSTer Fusion to do a fresh install, just as I had successfully done in the past, but nothing has been happening. I've left it on for ten minutes and absolutely nothing, not even the LEDs at the top turn on when I'm giving it power. I've also redone writing MiSTer Fusion to the SD card, done multiple power cycles, still nothing.

Any thoughts or solutions would be appreciated. Thanks very much in advance!
TheOG

Re: Did I nuke my MiSTer?

Unread post by TheOG »

Problem solved, please close this thread. Thank you very much!
FPGA64
Top Contributor

Unread post by FPGA64 »

I am not sure you re doing the Mister Fusion Install correctly
You take the SD card to a PC and install the image onto the card using balena etcher or equivalent software
You then put this into the Mister. Make sure you are putting it in the primary SD card slot the one on the DE10 Nano and not into the Secondary SD Card slot on the IO board
Mr Fusion will then expand the filesystem and you go from there. If you use wifi you will have to set it up again.
jalbarracin

Unread post by jalbarracin »

Hi @TheOG it would be great if you can share how did you solve it?
STEVEM653

Unread post by STEVEM653 »

What did you do? I am having the same issue. "I've left it on for ten minutes and absolutely nothing, not even the LEDs at the top turn on when I'm giving it power. I've also redone writing MiSTer Fusion to the SD card, done multiple power cycles, still nothing."

I created in a new larger SD card and am now having the same problems.