Can't Use Registered Controllers

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
immaburr

Can't Use Registered Controllers

Unread post by immaburr »

Odd problem for me - I have a mister setup with the blissbox 2.0 - not using any llapi ports just 3 usb ports for wireless keyboard, bluetooth and usb controller.

I can register and define buttons inside the core/games on my usb and bluetooth controllers just fine but it won't let me interact with any of the games after that. (Example I can't press start on any games to start playing.)

This is a brand new install of mister - previously it was happening on my old build and gave me enough of a reason to nuke and pave.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
LeftEmpty

Re: Can't Use Registered Controllers

Unread post by LeftEmpty »

Just press the "A" button (as defined in the MiSTer menu while configurating your controls) on the controller you wish to use and its input will be activated. It's a change implemented recently to prevent autodetection of controllers by any press (as it was the case before), instead requiring the specific "A" button to be pressed.
If you ask me, this change is really unintuitive and superfluous: I loved the seamless way it was previously!
immaburr

Thank you for this info and I apologize, when I asked this in the discord I thought you were talking to someone else :oops:

I also 100% agree!
immaburr

A follow up to this make sure you "Define Joystick Buttons" and define each controller as outlined here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... er-gamepad

You will need to then map the controllers you wish to use to each core.

I didn't fully map my controllers to the initial OSD outlined in the link I posted.