Celebrating the MiSTer on YouTube

Community created YouTube tutorials, interviews and helpful online information guides.
Reg

Celebrating the MiSTer on YouTube

Unread post by Reg »

I have to say - in all the years of collecting "stuff" the MiSTer is the best ssytem that I ahve ever encountered - simply brilliant.

On a personal level - I have some health issues at the moment and I have to find a "hobby" to get through the bad periods, think liquid based diet for several months so I figured I would do a YouTube channel that focused on gaming using as much as possible, the MiSTer FPGA as a system of choice.

The goal is one video per day - everyday for three months - there are already a few there.

This is one of them, so yesterday I uploaded a video of Parodius.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dld8mrp ... 2s&pp=sAQA

The challenge I have with the MiSTer is there are so many systems, there are way too many for one many to know eveyrthing about all of them and this is where I am asking for help.

If you know a game which is in the style of the linked video, funky tune, nice gameplay ( although odd ! ) and Japanese based, can you please provide the title and system ?

I would love to see more games like this - I just honestly don't know if much more exists and what they are called.

Thank you.

Nemesis2k

Re: Celebrating the MiSTer on YouTube

Unread post by Nemesis2k »

Tetris Battle Gaiden on the SNES is the best multiplayer tetris game ever made and not many people know about it.
ellie

Unread post by ellie »

Cameltry/On the Ball was new to me last week, and the SNES port especially has neat music. It pops up on best-of puzzle games lists, but I hadn’t heard of it and had a great time with it. I’d love an arcade core for it.
akeley
Top Contributor

Unread post by akeley »

Battle Mania (and sequel) on Megadrive
AirZonk on Turbografx

Both amazingly bonkers shoot'em ups.
Reg

Unread post by Reg »

Brillaint - thank you all - I'll check these out - much apprichated.
darksakul

Unread post by darksakul »

MSX: Space Manbow
Apple II: Oregon Trail
Astrocade: Incredible Wizard and Cosmic Raiders (clones of Wizard of Woz and Defender)
Vextrex: Spike
GBA: Drill Dozer and Golden Sun
PC Engine CD: Rondo of Blood
It is my great regret that we live in an age that is proud of machines that think and suspicious of people who try to.
aberu
Core Developer

Unread post by aberu »

Otocky is always my suggestion that people try out on the Famicom Disk System, it's a good one.
birdybro~
thorr
Top Contributor

Unread post by thorr »

It's not Japanese, but your video reminds me in some ways of Earthworm Jim which is also full of crazy different things throughout the game. If you don't actually start the game, demos of the various boards will show up and you can see some of the variations of gameplay. Earthworm Jim is well known though, unlike the game you showed. I usually play EWJ on the Genesis but it doesn't matter.