Just purchased a vewlix, for use with my MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Murderface1982

Just purchased a vewlix, for use with my MiSTer

Unread post by Murderface1982 »

I have the antonio villenas jamma adapter I purchased around the same time I got my mister... I'm wondering what else I'm going to need to get this thing operational for two players. Anyone have experience with this setup??
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Re: Just purchased a vewlix, for use with my MiSTer

Unread post by Newsdee »

You will probably need a couple of USB adapters to convert the player controls into USB devices.
alanswx
Core Developer

Unread post by alanswx »

I think we fixed Antonio’s adapter so it separates the two players automatically. If you have a new enough kernel. It should show up as two joysticks.
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Considering the Vewlix uses a wide-screen and the absolute majority of games on MiSTer are from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras..... Why?
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

Because it can also be used for other systems?
Murderface1982

Insert Disk Two wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:14 pm Considering the Vewlix uses a wide-screen and the absolute majority of games on MiSTer are from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras..... Why?
Well, I've heard the results are pretty awesome for arcade games via mister which is primarily what I wanted it for. The screen can be rotated with a few mods to play games in tate orientation...people seem be pretty happy. What's the issue with widescreen? I use my mister on my widescreen tv...
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Murderface1982 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:13 am
Insert Disk Two wrote: Fri Mar 05, 2021 4:14 pm Considering the Vewlix uses a wide-screen and the absolute majority of games on MiSTer are from the 8-bit and 16-bit eras..... Why?
Well, I've heard the results are pretty awesome for arcade games via mister which is primarily what I wanted it for. The screen can be rotated with a few mods to play games in tate orientation...people seem be pretty happy. What's the issue with widescreen? I use my mister on my widescreen tv...
Well, if you are happy with it, there is no problem of course. For me the feeling would be a bit off :/

Anyway, I would also love to get a Vewlix (to put a PS4 in it) - where did you get yours from?
Murderface1982

I got mine from the Arcade Exchange facebook page anthony Capobianco specifically, I think he has more right now. I actually got a Chewlix the chinese knock off as they call it. Yeah, I'd rather have a candy with a crt but I do plan on putting a ps4 pro in this as well with an hdmi switcher.
Newsdee
Top Contributor

Unread post by Newsdee »

I had my eyes on a Chewlix, but a local store had a great clearance sale price on Arcade1ups. I got one and they multiplied after... I like them more than I expected :) I can fit about three in the space I had planned for the Chewlix.

The screen is 5:4 which is a bit odd, but I like having dedicated cabs for 4 way and 2 way inputs. Haven't modded any of them yet but it is slowly being planned.

The thing that was holding me back gettig a Chewlix was that I'd want a second one for Tate games...
Murderface1982

You're totally right about having the second Chewlix. I'm already regretting the fact that I didn't pick up a second... I don't really even have the space for it but it's killing me.
jca
Top Contributor

Logitech F310

Unread post by jca »

I have been using a Logitech F310 controller without any problem but I never used the analog joysticks. Recently I ran into a problem with the Vectrex core: the left joystick controls only the X axis and the right joystick controls only the Y axis. It does not seem to be related to the core as the same thing happens with the TIA-MC1 core. I will test with more cores. Is this a known issue?

Problem solved: I remapped the controller in the main menu and now it is OK. I must have messed up when I did the initial setting :lol: .
This controller has 2 analog sticks. Is there a way to use the second one?