DualSense

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
ExCyber

DualSense

Unread post by ExCyber »

Has anyone tried a DualSense controller with MiSTer? It's getting pretty good overall reviews and I'm considering picking one up to replace my SN30 Pro+ (my second 8BitDo pad in a row to develop a silicone problem).
limi

Re: DualSense

Unread post by limi »

Yes, MiSTer got updated to support it recently — although it works as a normal controller, the things that make DualSense special (haptics etc) don’t do anything on the MiSTer.
EeK

Unread post by EeK »

limi wrote: Wed Dec 02, 2020 6:46 pm Yes, MiSTer got updated to support it recently — although it works as a normal controller, the things that make DualSense special (haptics etc) don’t do anything on the MiSTer.
It works over Bluetooth with any adapter? Any idea what the latency's like?
XtraSmiley

Unread post by XtraSmiley »

It would be very cool if eventually the haptics from old arcade games get worked into it somehow...
brknglass

Unread post by brknglass »

Sony just released an official linux driver, but no adaptive/haptic support yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.playst ... river/amp/
ExCyber

Unread post by ExCyber »

brknglass wrote: Sat Dec 26, 2020 5:51 pm Sony just released an official linux driver, but no adaptive/haptic support yet.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.playst ... river/amp/
Yeah; I don't expect support for the haptic trigger stuff in particular because that feature is a genuine innovation; there's no reason for generic API/ABI definitions to even exist for that yet. It's cool to see Sony pushing to get code into mainline Linux, though.
softtest9

Unread post by softtest9 »

I'm testing my DualSense (USB) right now on a fresh MiSTer install.

It kinda works but could be better. The D-Pad works fine in-game but has issues in MiSTer's menu. The left analog stick doesn't work at all. If I have the DualSense connected on boot, it will stall my USB drive until it times out. The DualSense appears to work perfectly on my PC.

UPDATE: With today's Main_Mister release, most of the issues have been fixed. The one remaining issue is the DualSense stalling my USB drive until it times out.
NuClear235

Unread post by NuClear235 »

Is working mouse emulation on DS touchpad?
(on my PS4 Dualshock4 is it fully working)
FeelsDuckMan

Unread post by FeelsDuckMan »

Picked a Dual Sense 5 up today. Has anyone else experienced disconnects via bluetooth if the controller stays idle for a very short amount of time, like 30s-1m. Mine disconnects if I'm not constantly pressing something. Is this a general bluetooth setting on the mister that can be changed or is it a Dual Sense 5 issue?
NuClear235

I have DS5 and is not good for using. :-(
Disconnecting or not connecting after start, after Reset it still press Down on D-pad and many more.
Bluetoot connection is poor and has disturbing lag. I am using it with USB cable. Lag is better.
I preffer DualShock4, has much better behaviour.
FeelsDuckMan

Unread post by FeelsDuckMan »

NuClear235 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 6:44 pm I have DS5 and is not good for using. :-(
Disconnecting or not connecting after start, after Reset it still press Down on D-pad and many more.
Bluetoot connection is poor and has disturbing lag. I am using it with USB cable. Lag is better.
I preffer DualShock4, has much better behaviour.
Yes. This does not seem to be a great controller to play retro games with. Even when forgetting the bluetooth disconnects, the dpad feels bad and I don't always get a button response on the face buttons, they just don't register sometimes. The share and start button are so recessed in they're very hard to press and the new PS HOME button is no longer a round button but just the logo so it's also awkward to press.

It's a shame because the controller is very comfortable grip wise but it's actually pretty shit functionally. I'll stick with my PS4 and Xbox Series X controller and I'm going to return this today.
NuClear235

I have on real Playstation updated firmware of DS5.
In my bluetooth adapter updated firmware too.
Nothing better.
The worse thing was that Reset button on Mister dosconnected bluetooth connection and it was long time to estabilish new one…
About d-pad down arrow - it makes randomly a on real PS5 never. After Mister start it do scroll down in menu … still and uninteruptible.