8Bitdo TurboGrafx-16 2.4G Wireless Gamepad Issues

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
johnpfusco

8Bitdo TurboGrafx-16 2.4G Wireless Gamepad Issues

Unread post by johnpfusco »

I can't get this controller to work over wireless with Mister. The blue light on the controller and receiver blink and then become solid when I hold the home button on the controller that is supposed to indicate they are paired, but it won't register with my Mister. It works fine when connected with a USB cable. Do you need a powered USB hub for the receiver to work? Any advice would be appreciated.
keith.f.kelly

Re: 8Bitdo TurboGrafx-16 2.4G Wireless Gamepad Issues

Unread post by keith.f.kelly »

All of my 8bitdo Bluetooth controllers have different "modes" they can operate in (X-Input, Switch, Mac, Android), and only some of those modes are recognized correctly b MiSTer. Does your 2.4 GHz wireless controller have a similar set of modes? You may need to just follow the super-secret instructions in the gamepad's manual to initialize it for the right mode.
Threepwood

Unread post by Threepwood »

I received an 8bitdo PCE 2.4g wireless gamepad (the white PC Engine version) today and it works flawless with MiSTer. Even the Home Button can be assigned as MiSTer Menu button.

The gamepad will at first not be recognized in the MiSTer Menu, but in "System Settings" > "Define joystick buttons" D-Pad Right is recognized and the gamepad can be fully mapped then.
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

The only issue ive had with my tubographix 8bit do's is wireless interference from my other 8bit do 2.4 adaptor for my megadrive controller so ive had to seperate them a bit.
pokevania

Unread post by pokevania »

Quick question. I too experienced weird issues with mapping buttons on my 8bitdo PCE 2.4ghz (uses adapter) controller. It has four buttons, but I can only map two of them. I've decided it's because the original equipment featured not four unique buttons, but two buttons that were simply turbos of the lower two buttons, thus I can't map them for SNES etc. Is this correct? Some say there is a way to switch input types, but neither my manual or the 8bitdo website manual mentions nothing of it for this model. I ended up here. It's fully updated. It works great with the mister otherwise.

Is anyone using their 8bitdo TG16 controller for SNES? Thanks.
bnjones

Unread post by bnjones »

pokevania wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:04 pm I've decided it's because the original equipment featured not four unique buttons, but two buttons that were simply turbos of the lower two buttons, thus I can't map them for SNES etc. Is this correct? Some say there is a way to switch input types, but neither my manual or the 8bitdo website manual mentions nothing of it for this model. I ended up here. It's fully updated. It works great with the mister otherwise.

Is anyone using their 8bitdo TG16 controller for SNES? Thanks.
I think you are correct about the turbo function being permanently set by the controller’s firmware. Also, for this controller, there is no button combination to change modes according to the manual.

https://download.8bitdo.com/Manual/Cont ... amepad.pdf

It does reference a button mapping scheme for the switch, but then I can’t find where they actually show it. Maybe they mean the switch’s built in button testing?