Any "DeamonBite KTRL Arcade Mini" users that can help?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
djvelocitee

Any "DeamonBite KTRL Arcade Mini" users that can help?

Unread post by djvelocitee »

Hi all,
I usually just lurk and search and get all my answers so never post..but im going crazy here.

Finally received 3 of these KTRL Arcade Mini that i ordered from DeamonBite fully assembled for me. One for mt Mister and 2 for another project.
Anyways i installed it in my wood housing and connected my Sanwa stick and assorted buttons. So right out of the box when i "define joystick" from the MiSter menu it lets me start off pretty well with "DPAD" setup and A,B,X,Y,L,R pretty easy. Once i get past that to start select later button configs it acts like im triple pushing buttons or something. I have a ZeroDelay board in this same setup before and had no probs but figured WTH get a Daemonbite.

I tried moving the button to different plugs on the board maybe thinking it would be a back button port or even a bad button....same issue happened.

The board has some "Config" button plug that you are i guess able to plug in another button and use it to set different modes. When i tried that and followed the instructions from DaemonBite site the button didnt do anything. Im thinking this is stuck on a "Keyboard" mode and not the Mode1 that is Joystick.

I did go on the MickGyver/DaemonBite-Arcade-Encoder Github to try uploading its .INO with Arduino IDE but during the verify i get some weird error and its out of my league. I will probably post there with those details if no one here has had good success with the DeamonBite.
I have read good things about it but could not find anything on google/YT for guides to get it properly set.

I have about 4-5 other devices i have configured in MiSTer for various cores that work no prob...so just not sure here.

Sorry or the long post!
GromRGB

Re: Any "DeamonBite KTRL Arcade Mini" users that can help?

Unread post by GromRGB »

Hi,

By default, deboucing is not activated. Multiple pushing buttons can be read by the arduino the time you press the button. You can try to change DEBOUNCE value in the .ino file.

Code: Select all

#define DEBOUNCE 1          // 1=Diddly-squat-Delay-Debouncing™ activated, 0=Debounce deactivated
I have no errors with the compilation. Do you select the ''Arduino Micro'' board and the good Serial Port in the Tools menu ?

Regards
djvelocitee

Unread post by djvelocitee »

ok i like i like!
I did a quick test and compile and did not scream errors.
Im getting my kids to bed soon and gonna run with this asap!
Thanks!!
xkenx

Unread post by xkenx »

Thanks GromRGB!! I had the same issue.
bootsector

Unread post by bootsector »

Wasn't debounce logic added to MiSTer's menu system some time ago? That should be enough. Doesn't that debounce logic apply to the general mapping screen as well?
Tacoguy125

Unread post by Tacoguy125 »

I recently replaced my Mini-PAC with the Arduino Micro board. I was having trouble mapping menu keys due to sensitivity - multiple key presses. I did the debounce change above and it fixed my issue. Thank you!