8BitDo SF30 Pro

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Rocky2040

8BitDo SF30 Pro

Unread post by Rocky2040 »

So fianlly got the SF30 pro working with my MiSTer, has anyone used the analogue sticks as a mouse input for the AT / Amiga cores ?
wreckk

Re: 8BitDo SF30 Pro

Unread post by wreckk »

Both of my 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers (SF30 Pro / N30 Pro) have occasional input collision. Sometimes pressing up or down result in left or right, usually this happens with rapid presses of down / up, or if i’m not being extra deliberate about the direction I’m pressing.

I’be been playing games my whole life, and have never had to be this precise. I’ve also used 8bitdo controllers on other devices without issue.

Anyone else experience anything like this?
wreckk

Unread post by wreckk »

Well, I paired a PS4 controller and am not having input collision issues at all.

🤷‍♂️
ItalianGrandma

Unread post by ItalianGrandma »

I haven’t used that controller, but in my experience, mouse emulation works pretty well both with d-pads and sticks.
markun

Unread post by markun »

Rocky2040 wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:24 am So fianlly got the SF30 pro working with my MiSTer, has anyone used the analogue sticks as a mouse input for the AT / Amiga cores ?
I have the SN30 Pro G and do use the left analog stick for mouse control for the Atari ST core, works fine. I'm using Nintendo Switch mode (turn on with Y + start) and a Bluetooth adapter and have the "star" button mapped for mouse emulation.
wreckk wrote: Mon May 25, 2020 11:08 pm Both of my 8Bitdo bluetooth controllers (SF30 Pro / N30 Pro) have occasional input collision. Sometimes pressing up or down result in left or right, usually this happens with rapid presses of down / up, or if i’m not being extra deliberate about the direction I’m pressing.

I’be been playing games my whole life, and have never had to be this precise. I’ve also used 8bitdo controllers on other devices without issue.

Anyone else experience anything like this?
Happens to me as well. When I press and hold "down", I can tilt the dpad with my thumb to the left or right and get left and right button presses. Maybe there is a mod possible to prevent this, but I haven't opened up my controller. Now I just try to be careful, but it's annoying.
wreckk

Unread post by wreckk »

markun wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 11:20 pm Happens to me as well. When I press and hold "down", I can tilt the dpad with my thumb to the left or right and get left and right button presses. Maybe there is a mod possible to prevent this, but I haven't opened up my controller. Now I just try to be careful, but it's annoying.
Yeah it sucks, PS4 and Xbox One controllers have worked flawlessly...
Dave11674

Unread post by Dave11674 »

guys can you elaborate on how you paired your SF30 pro via bluetooth please to the mister
i have the 8bitdo bluetooth dongle in there
i turn my pad on with start and A which is mac osx
then press the pair button on both
the pad syncs up with the 8bitdo dongle
but mister is not finding anything

what am i doing wrong pls

thanks
Cebion

Unread post by Cebion »

Why mac osx mode?
X-Input is totally fine.
After paring you have to map the controller of course via KEyboard or Buttons on IO Board.

https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Main_Mi ... ck-Mapping