Second mouse input

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
ToothbrushThreepwood

Second mouse input

Unread post by ToothbrushThreepwood »

Inspired by the JPAC Xinput thread, I was wondering if it is possible to plug in a second USB mouse and keep that input unmerged from the other mouse’s input. The input from the second mouse could then be forwarded to the cores that support two-mouse input out of the box (e.g. Amiga and Atari ST). This would enable the full 2-player experience from those systems on games that are better suited for mouse controls (Lemmings, Settlers, Rampart) or you just like mouse over other controls for whatever reason.
This was brought up in relation to the ao486 core, but on that system it would be much harder for the core to handle the input. For the minimig and ST it’s much more feasible, imo.
I don’t know if this is already possible with the right config (to treat the second mouse’s input as a joystick input, basically), or if it would need some core work to be implemented?
If we ever get a core that plays the rail-shooter coin-op games from the 90’es, this would also let you play two-player-mode without a lightgun.
Matsu

Re: Second mouse input

Unread post by Matsu »

I would also love to have second mouse input support.
This week I built 2 Spinner controllers, but sadly realized I won't be able to use them both in tandem. Was looking forward to play some sweet SNES Arkanoid co-op.
Hope this gets an update! :)