Support for Logitech Unifying devices

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
P207

Support for Logitech Unifying devices

Unread post by P207 »

Greetings

I have a Logitech Unifying receiver paired with a keyboard (K750) and a mouse (M500). I use it most of the time on my PC, but is always very easy to unplug it from there on to another device that has a usb port, and works great all the time.

On the MISTer, the keyboard works great. But the mouse seems to not work at all.

I am just curious. It's not supported? Is there a workaround?

Thanks in advance. :)
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Re: Support for Logitech Unifying devices

Unread post by Sorgelig »

I think it's a matter of specific receiver and its driver. I use Logitech K400r wireless keyboard which includes touchpad. Both keyboard and touchpad work fine. AFAIK it uses unifying receiver too (hidpp).
rhester72
Top Contributor

Unread post by rhester72 »

I'm using my mouse on the K400r unifying receiver LOL Works great.
P207

Unread post by P207 »

Greetings

Thanks for the replies. I suppose it's a good idea to get an integrated keyboard and touchpad. Maybe I'd do that.

One good thing about the "Unifying" stuff is that you can pair several devices to one dongle. It's both a hub and a wireless connector, so to speak. I was used to use a KVM with several computers, back in the day. It's nice to have one keyboard (and one mouse and one monitor) to rule them all.8D

Question is I am not even sure if it's a software issue or a hardware problem. The Unifying receivers are infamous because they're really really picky about which usb port you're pluging them into. Knowing that, I tried the seven usb ports on the i/o card. That didn't work.

So I plugged a very old ancient red laser optical mouse (I think its retro-appropiate ;) ). I kept the Unifying receiver plugged on in order to use the keyboard. Then, I hit the Logitech mouse by accident... and the pointer moved on the screen!

Did I solve the problem or find a workaround? No. I just know that in some very specific cases, after using for a little while the old regular mouse, the M560 would also work... until I unplug the receiver. I cannot say which cases are those, because sometimes I get it working, sometimes I don't. Somethings triggers the M560 to start working.

More intriguing is the following case: I also have another M560 and Unifying receiver attached to another computer. If I plug it to the MISTer, it does not work. But... if I can get the first receiver working with the M560, then I can plug the second receiver and the second M560, and they both work.
redsteakraw

Unread post by redsteakraw »

Sorgelig wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 5:26 pm I think it's a matter of specific receiver and its driver. I use Logitech K400r wireless keyboard which includes touchpad. Both keyboard and touchpad work fine. AFAIK it uses unifying receiver too (hidpp).
The K400 is IMHO the best keyboard / mouse combo for your space and money. It fits easily into the metal case I found in the back of a Hooter's parkinglot, which is my new go to travel case.
Fear is the mind killer!
dakbluemonkey

Unread post by dakbluemonkey »

I have the K780 and M720 and both work when the Unifying reciever is the only thing plugged in to the MiSTer.

When I plug in the F710 (a wireless non-unifying gamepad), the gamepad works for a while, but starts dropping out and getting 'laggy'. This doesn't happen when I use them with a PC, it's just the MiSTer. If it's just the gamepad, it's fine. If it's just the keyboard+mouse, they're fine. Both recievers together? strangeness occurs.
jdeberhart

Unread post by jdeberhart »

Could be interference. Nearly all these wireless adapters use 2.4GHz.
WolfgangBlack

Unread post by WolfgangBlack »

redsteakraw wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:37 pmIt fits easily into the metal case I found in the back of a Hooter's parkinglot, which is my new go to travel case.
Do you know what was in the case?
Will drug dogs flip out if they smell it?
Cool story though.
redsteakraw

Unread post by redsteakraw »

WolfgangBlack wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 3:58 am
redsteakraw wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 2:37 pmIt fits easily into the metal case I found in the back of a Hooter's parkinglot, which is my new go to travel case.
Do you know what was in the case?
Will drug dogs flip out if they smell it?
Cool story though.
Well who knows what went down. I will keep this one out of airports and border checkpoints to be cautious.
By the way here is the setup

https://imgur.com/a/o5S0Aek
Fear is the mind killer!
WolfgangBlack

Unread post by WolfgangBlack »

redsteakraw wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:21 pmWell who knows what went down. I will keep this one out of airports and border checkpoints to be cautious.
By the way here is the setup

https://imgur.com/a/o5S0Aek
Nice!
I have a case like that I think I got from Harbor Freight.