Permanent changes in button/key remap for game

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Alkadian

Permanent changes in button/key remap for game

Unread post by Alkadian »

Hi guys,
Do you know whether it is possible or not to make permanent changes in the 'button/key remap for a specific game' option? I understand from the instructions that appear in the menu that 'It will be cleared when you load the new core'. I don't mind remapping the buttons every time , but it would be very good to be able to sort of saving the new remapping for each game.

Thanks a lot!
charmless

Re: Permanent changes in button/key remap for game

Unread post by charmless »

I thought it was just a matter of saving your settings after doing the remap in whatever core you are using. That seems to work for me.
Alkadian

Unread post by Alkadian »

I have tried to save the settings several times but it didn't work. The game in question is Robotron. If you get a chance, would you mind trying with this specific core? That would be appreciated! Many thanks!
Newsdee

Unread post by Newsdee »

Maybe an easier way would be an option to load a saved profile, instead of saving one per core/game.
There are many games that share the same layout, e.g. QAOP + space for Spectrum and early DOS games.
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

I have the same problem with arcade Defender. I remapped 3 keys and have to do it each time I load the core.