Hori Fight commander switch and auto fire

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Atohmdiy

Hori Fight commander switch and auto fire

Unread post by Atohmdiy »

Hello,

I just receive a hori fight commander for switch... And yes... i read the wiki that says to take the ps4/xbox version, however first i own a switch and i plan to use the controller with it, and secondly the ps4 /xbox version is out of stock everywhere in my country, there is a few on ebay at indecent price, something like 100€ + 30 € shipping...

So i decide to give a try to the switch version. And... it works for the most part except one button that seems to f*** up the button mapping. The ZR button on bot right seems to somehow "freeze" the next mapping step on mister. For example If i want to map C with ZR, next step when mister ask to map D, no button can be map, i can only press ZR again to be able to go to the next step, and then next step are working fine, i can map whatever i want. So every time i map a key with ZR, i need to also map the next key with ZR. Annoying for the genesis if you want to map the 6 button, or for the neo geo if you want to map ZR with C button.

Another thing... i feel very very stupid on this but i just don't understand how auto fire is working. To me auto fire is the ability, for example in shmup, to always fire instead of continuously pressing the fire button, i am right ? Because when i activate the auto fire ( keep pressing a button + Mister OSD) the auto fire successfully activate, it tells me "32 ms", i can up for down this value whatever i want as the wiki describe, except that there is absolutely no auto fire whatsoever, in a shmup my character do not shoot, if i want to shoot i need to press the fire button, if i release the button my character stop shooting. So auto fire doesn't do anything...
I try with a few usb controller to be sure it is not model specific. What am i missing ?
Atohmdiy

Re: Hori Fight commander switch and auto fire

Unread post by Atohmdiy »

So no answer... no one care but i will still answer myself, maybe it will be usefull to someone someday.

I find a way to make the pad working fine. I plug it in my pc and look its behavior with linux and windows. The ZR and ZL button that are problematic with mister are consider an axis (Z axis) and not buttons. Some people says this is problematic when the gamepad is use in directinput mode and not xinput. However i tried a few emulator under linux and i had no problem mapping the ZR and ZL.
Then i have an idea, i try again to set-up the controller in mister, this time i didn't skip the stick control test with enter. I use the switch to emulate the right and left stick. After that the controller have no problem in cores and i could map the C button in genesis core.

For the autofire i manage to understand, it's me who is stupid indeed. But again a function to autofire without keep pressing the button would be nice.