Sinden Lightgun

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
maxpower

Sinden Lightgun

Unread post by maxpower »

This lightgun looks like it would be a good fit for mister. It works on hdtvs and doesn't use the wii method, instead it uses image recognition and seems to work very well and you don't need to recalibrate every time you move. It does require a software border to be added to the display, but that seems like something that could be added to mister cores easily?

It started as a kickstarer, but they just opened up the next wave of orders on indiegogo:
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/the- ... lightgun#/
Kitrinx
Core Developer

Re: Sinden Lightgun

Unread post by Kitrinx »

I have pre-ordered one of these, hoping that it ends up being something I can add support for. It really depends on what the gun ends up requiring to function, but drawing borders are pretty easy if needed.
Sorgelig
Site Admin

Unread post by Sorgelig »

maxpower wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 7:38 pm but that seems like something that could be added to mister cores easily?
sure! Use a white tape to make frame on your TV/Monitor.
numbski

Unread post by numbski »

Bumping a horribly old thread here. Merely as a point of curiosity and not so much any expectation of changes to MiSTer - what would software support have to entail anyway? I am thinking that once the fpga is configured, Linux is mostly out of the equation so far as displaying the image, so it wouldn’t be so trivial as modifying what is in the frame buffer, right?

Another approach (and I think I saw the creator mention this himself) would be a pass through device that takes an analog video signal and injects a white border on the way to the display. That obviously doesn’t help flat panels, but for RGB or YPbPr it might be plausible, but the coder in me thinks the different resolutions might wreak havoc on any attempt at a general-purpose device.
akira62

Unread post by akira62 »

Hi, I ordered a Sinden Gun but it will take some time.

There will be a possibility for RGB to HDMI with the Retrotink 5x if the Manual is true, the system will be released beginning next month. When it work I will try it. But the Main concern that I have is how the Sinden Gun works and how it will calibrated. I am pretty sure that may be a hassel with original consoles.

But maybe it can be integrated through the Mister as an additional option to get the white border and the calibration like in the linux system, and then taken the information somehow to the FPGA. Will be great to see something in the future if and when the Saturn and PSX will run on the MiSTer this will be a great addtion.
scyto

Unread post by scyto »

My two guns just arrived, doesn’t look like there is any support yet? I am assuming the software that is for pi / windows would need to be ported to the fpga?
BlackSpy

Unread post by BlackSpy »

scyto wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:18 pm My two guns just arrived, doesn’t look like there is any support yet? I am assuming the software that is for pi / windows would need to be ported to the fpga?
Really interested in how you get on. I've read somewhere else that Sinden is working on Mister, but I can't see it anywhere official. Or even have confidence in what that actually means.