Ipac setup help

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
metalfacemark

Ipac setup help

Unread post by metalfacemark »

So ive moved my mister into my arcade setup, its got an ipac v2 controller (runs as keyboard).

When i map the buttons in the options, everything maps and registers, but then in game the buttons dont work. If i remap in game it allows me to remap but again the buttons dont work.

Im stumped as i cant understand why that would be, any advice would be appreciated.

I looked at the tutorial regarding the VID and PID but i only get the keyboard code when i amend my controls in the mister menu.
Tacoguy125

Re: Ipac setup help

Unread post by Tacoguy125 »

You can switch the input mode on the newer IPACs. I was using IPAC keyboard setting for MAME then I moved to MiSTer and I switched to "X-input" mode via firmware and that was easier. This is not addressing your specific issue so sorry about that but sounds like keyboard input issues. I ultimately ended up replacing the IPACs with Arduinos but that was personal preference.
Morfious

Unread post by Morfious »

I too had issues with the iPac in my arcade cabinet with MiSTer. Changing to a newer firmware version that supported x-mode made things work much better. Holding Start and button 3 for 10 seconds will switch the iPac into x-Mode.
metalfacemark

Unread post by metalfacemark »

ill check that out, thanks.
invzim

Unread post by invzim »

Jotego just posted an update about full support for MAME keys, so should be no need to do the vid/pid keyboard->gamepad hack

https://www.patreon.com/posts/47166232