X-Arcade as input for MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
exoticatom

X-Arcade as input for MiSTer

Unread post by exoticatom »

Anyone using x-arcade tankstick with trackball ?

I ordered x-arcade but unsure if trackball is working with any. Missile command would be awesome if it works.
exoticatom

Re: X-Arcade as input for MiSTer

So here are my findings.

X-arcade works in all modes with Mister and for example centipede works with a trackball.

Issues I noticed :
- if X-Arcade is in the keyboard mode, and you have USB hard drive it will somehow block USB hard if it's if booted connected in the same time. You need to connect X-Arcade only after booting or change the X-Arcade mode.

- x-input works the best , no overall issues. .INI has to be adjusted to accept 2 sticks for games, (no merge). Tested with street fighter and 1943, dodonpachi.

Generally I had issues that after the reboot but only after using mister's "Reset" button, and if connected, X-Arcade could go in some strange state for which I believe it's in never ending 'firmware update' mode. Red light goes off and it cannot be used anywhere. (https://support.xgaming.com/support/sol ... -x-arcade-)

I discovered that it can be recovered with firmware update...a similar issue is described on X-Arcade website.
I had this only with MiSTer never with PC.
Aspie

Unread post by Aspie »

I have an X Arcade Dual joystick which I bought almost 20 years ago. I was wondering which joysticks X Arcade use, do they make their own or are they supplied by some other company? The reason I ask is I am thinking of replacing the joysticks on the X Arcade with the Industrias Lorenzo joysticks as I've read they are the best.
Darthcustom

Unread post by Darthcustom »

exoticatom wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 5:08 am
- x-input works the best , no overall issues. .INI has to be adjusted to accept 2 sticks for games, (no merge). Tested with street fighter and 1943, dodonpachi.
Can you share your INI settings?

Thanks
exoticatom

I had to uncomment only 2 lines as below:

; Disable merging input devices. Use if only player 1 works.
; Leave no_merge_pid empty to apply this to all devices with the same VID.
no_merge_vid=0x045E
no_merge_pid=0x02A1

0x02A1 - was a different number in original ini, I had to change it.

These are vid and pid I saw on the screen after connecting Arcade. There is a YouTube video about setup, ok for help. If you need the link please let me know.
exoticatom

Aspie wrote: Fri Feb 05, 2021 1:32 am I have an X Arcade Dual joystick which I bought almost 20 years ago. I was wondering which joysticks X Arcade use, do they make their own or are they supplied by some other company? The reason I ask is I am thinking of replacing the joysticks on the X Arcade with the Industrias Lorenzo joysticks as I've read they are the best.
My X-Arcade is really new new. Bought it 20 days ago.

I heard the same so, I bought two of IL Eurojoystick 2, install them but didn't like them at all. So i returned originals after 2 days. :D
For info: the Latest version of X-Arcade has a copy of IL compact arcade, assuming they are made in China.

I don't know really what's the hype about IL... I like X-Arcade much better. I also think it's a matter of taste.