Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver (xow) Ready for Testing

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
sofakng

Re: Xbox Wireless Adapter Driver (xow) Ready for Testing

Unread post by sofakng »

JonnyTenebrous wrote: Sat Feb 20, 2021 11:33 am Quick question. Does this XoW driver now come as standard with MiSTer Main, or is it still in testing? I'm considering a backup/reformat/refresh of my MiSTer for general maintenance, and figured I'd wait until XoW is ready for prime time (even though I realise it can be installed manually, having already done so in my current install). Thanks!
mario64 wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 4:26 pm With today's update is this supported by default now?
Sorgelig updated the linux kernel today so my custom kernel is no longer needed. However, the update script needs a change to automatically download the xow scripts but this should be implemented really soon.

esmith13 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:59 pm I got the controller to pair and function in general, but I thought the point of this setup was to use the chatpad keys as additional controller buttons? I can't get any chatpad keys to be recognized when defining controls in a core.
Unfortunately the chatpad isn't supported in the xow driver. I've seen a few others request this too and I believe Sorgelig is also trying to work with the xow developer to help implement this.
esmith13

Unread post by esmith13 »

Aw crap... thought that was the reason it was being added to MiSTer... I have a SNES NTT Datapad but was hoping to move to the Xbox One controller with chatpad to get WAY more inputs and still have analog sticks.

Maybe someday...
silentheaven83

Unread post by silentheaven83 »

sofakng wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 1:56 am Sorgelig updated the linux kernel today so my custom kernel is no longer needed. However, the update script needs a change to automatically download the xow scripts but this should be implemented really soon.
Bumping an old thread here to say thank you and add two questions.

1) Do we have to run “xow_on” scripts anyway or is it useless now?

2) Does anybody have experience with the Xbox Series X pad? How is the input lag?

Thanks
MostroW

Unread post by MostroW »

I've updated my MiSTer a few days ago and it downloaded and installed a new linux image, that's the only time i needed to run the script again.
Probably because the run on boot file got overwritten or replaced because of the new image.
beamrider

Unread post by beamrider »

I just updated my mister after not using it for a while. I didn't go anything special apart from running the new update_all and the wireless controllers appear to work, so thanks very much for this!

One issue I notice though is that I seem to be limited to only two controllers on SNES/Super Bomberman. I have 2 wireless and 1 wired XBox 360 controllers.

Seems to be any 2 out of 3 that will work but not all at the same time.
Jegriva

Unread post by Jegriva »

Are the Xbox Wireless headphones supported? They work on Windows 10 via the Wireless Adapter.