Controller Ports for SNAC adapters

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
foldor

Controller Ports for SNAC adapters

Unread post by foldor »

Hey, if I wanted to make SNAC adapters for myself, where would be the best place to find the controller ports? I'm only finding a couple on eBay, and they're ~$10 each. I must be using the wrong search terms or something. Where does everyone else get them?
mmmonkey

Re: Controller Ports for SNAC adapters

Unread post by mmmonkey »

I ordered the SNES and NES ones from AliExpress - from a store on there called Kingworld.

The GameBoy link port I got from AliExpress, just realised its a different seller - China Game Store

Mega Drive and PCE, I had parts already from other projects - the PCE ports I searched eBay for mini din 8 PCB to find the right part (got 2 for just over £2 including post). For Mega Drive, I searched for things like DB9 Female right angle or, dee 9 way right angle, I got 10 of them for £2 inc post).

I’m UK, so the sellers prob charge more to send to the states, and I probably could of gotten them cheaper looking on AliExpress for all of it. But those are the sorts of things I was looking for.

Pete
foldor

Unread post by foldor »

Thank you so much for listing the sellers on AliExpress! For some reason my searches never found these ports, and they're super cheap.
Sefirosu789

Unread post by Sefirosu789 »

mmmonkey wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 6:36 pm I ordered the SNES and NES ones from AliExpress - from a store on there called Kingworld.

The GameBoy link port I got from AliExpress, just realised its a different seller - China Game Store

Mega Drive and PCE, I had parts already from other projects - the PCE ports I searched eBay for mini din 8 PCB to find the right part (got 2 for just over £2 including post). For Mega Drive, I searched for things like DB9 Female right angle or, dee 9 way right angle, I got 10 of them for £2 inc post).

I’m UK, so the sellers prob charge more to send to the states, and I probably could of gotten them cheaper looking on AliExpress for all of it. But those are the sorts of things I was looking for.

Pete

Hi Pete,

Any chance you have any left over NES, PCE, GB & Mega drive controller ports left over? I’m trying to purchase one of each For USB adapters but to buy them in the UK is a bit expensive. I don’t wanna wait 3 months for shipping from China either 😁

Will