A tablet as a keyboard

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Milongero

A tablet as a keyboard

Unread post by Milongero »

After a conversation with an acquaintance about the advantages and disadvantages of original devices and the MiSTer, the keyboard with its own layout also came up. A normal keyboard with its country-specific layout is usually attached to the Mister, onto which the keys of the core are mapped.Wouldn't it be nice to always have the original layout available?

There are keyboards with LCD keys, but they are too expensive and you can only make the mapping visible.

That's when I had the idea of a tablet! - Many of us still have an old device lying around. You could then connect it to the Mister via Bluetooth. The tablet would then run an app that shows the layout of the core, which you could then also use via the touchscreen.

Unfortunately, the problem is that I am not an app developer.

Maybe someone would like to develop something like this?

Greetings Lutz
aberu
Core Developer

Re: A tablet as a keyboard

Unread post by aberu »

https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... n_US&gl=US

There are apps for android for instance that allow you to use your android device as a keyboard over USB. If it were using a standard USB Keyboard protocol and appearing as a typical device, then yes, it would work.
birdybro~
Milongero

Re: A tablet as a keyboard

Unread post by Milongero »

No. I mean something like this
Attachments
20210204_173945.jpg
20210204_173945.jpg (2.94 MiB) Viewed 1562 times