NES SNAC Issues

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Xzarian

NES SNAC Issues

Unread post by Xzarian »

I just recently got a new i/o board, and snac from misteraddons. I've got all the bliss adapters from back when I was using a blister and llapi. I was able to get genesis, sega cd, tg16 and snes working no problems.

NES on the other hand, the two controllers I have, won't work. I've tested these on my avs and blister, so I know the adapter and controllers works. I noticed on misteraddons that there are issues with oem nes controllers? The models on the back of mine are nes-004.

I also tried swapping controllers in the osd. Does anyone know which models work?
"MiSTer is not a garbage can with random functions used by 1-2 people."
-Sorgelig
SegaSnatcher

Re: NES SNAC Issues

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

Is your controller NTSC or PAL? I know the PAL NES controller has some extra resistors or something, curious if that might be the issue.
Xzarian

Re: NES SNAC Issues

Unread post by Xzarian »

SegaSnatcher wrote: Tue Feb 09, 2021 12:20 am Is your controller NTSC or PAL? I know the PAL NES controller has some extra resistors or something, curious if that might be the issue.
I did find this article

I think my controllers are the correct ones, nes-004, and they work on my AVS. I though maybe it was the bliss adapter, but it works on blisster, just not the snac.
"MiSTer is not a garbage can with random functions used by 1-2 people."
-Sorgelig