Original Lightgun Issues

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
billythefisherman

Original Lightgun Issues

Unread post by billythefisherman »

Good evening all,

I have an original NES Zapper and an original Master System Light Phaser that I'm trying to get working properly with MiSTer with an analogue IO board V6.1and SNAC adapter plugged in to the user io port all using a Sony PVM 2730QM (PAL version with built in SCART socket). All components bought from the rather fantastic UK dealer misterfpga.co.uk.

I'm on the latest NES and SMS cores and turned the serial options to SNAC and the NES core further option to allow Zapper on SNAC.

The NES zapper refuses to work at all - this could be just a faulty zapper but the seller had said it was working and at the moment I tend to believe him and its my fault through incorrect setup.

The Sega Light Phaser does work but it fires an inch off (2.5cm) to the left.

I'm wondering whether it's anything to do with a PAL TV and PAL peripherals working with a NTSC system? I have tried PAL on the Master System but with no improvement (and I've just realised I haven't tested the NES Zapper with PAL - I will).

Has anybody any ideas on what I can try?
bemol73

Re: Original Lightgun Issues

Unread post by bemol73 »

Hi,
I'm having trouble setting out my MiSTer with a Sony PVM 2730QM, also PAL version with built-in SCART socket.
Would you mind sharing your mister.ini ?