Xinput on JPAC crashes MiSTer

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Escape-To-88

Xinput on JPAC crashes MiSTer

Unread post by Escape-To-88 »

Can't figure this one out. On a JPAC latest firmware 1.55. Keyboard mode (mode 1) works fine, no issues apart from the Robotron twin sticks problem. I switch to mode 3 Xinput and the setup will let me set up the stick no issues as soon as I tap any button at all the MiSTer freezes and I have to reset it. This issues happens on the menu and in-game. I have the correct VID and PID ids and I've checked several times and had no luck. Oddly without any ids at all, if I remove them for instance everything still work in Xinput mode, again except when I press any button. Anyone have any ideas what is happening here?
Escape-To-88

Re: Xinput on JPAC crashes MiSTer

Unread post by Escape-To-88 »

Anyone? Mode 1 keyboard input is fine, I just can't map two sticks, so no Robotron. Mode 3 crashes with button presses.
mhartman

Unread post by mhartman »

I just bought a jpac and have the same issue.
mhartman

To follow up, I reverted to an older version of the mister software (10/2020) and got everything working. Not sure why the new version crashes it.
zakk4223

Unread post by zakk4223 »

Does it work with today's mister release? I noticed there was a commit a few days ago specifically addressing a crash related to jamma devices
mhartman

zakk4223 wrote: Fri May 21, 2021 5:51 pm Does it work with today's mister release? I noticed there was a commit a few days ago specifically addressing a crash related to jamma devices
Good catch. I’ll do an update and report back.