Logitech G915 & MX Anywhere 3 in Bluetooth?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
tmerelle

Logitech G915 & MX Anywhere 3 in Bluetooth?

Unread post by tmerelle »

Hi all,

Recently, I purchased the following keyboard and mouse:

Logitech G915 TKL:

deu-g915-tkl-carbon-gallery-topdown.png
deu-g915-tkl-carbon-gallery-topdown.png (883.1 KiB) Viewed 3025 times

Logitech MX anywhere 3:
mx-anywhere-3-product-gallery-graphite-top.png
mx-anywhere-3-product-gallery-graphite-top.png (825.18 KiB) Viewed 3025 times

I really enjoy using both devices; they are amazing to use.

The main reason why I went for those two is that they both offer multi-device connection via logitech proprietary dongle, but also via bluetooth and I was looking for such a solution in order to switch remotely from my PC to my Mister.

And I managed to connect both on the Mister via Logitech proprietary dongles (lightspeed dongle for the keyboard and 2.4Ghz unifying dongle for the mouse).

But I was not successful in my attempt to connect them on the mister via bluetooth. The pairing script does not detect them. The same if I try to plug them directly via USB.

Hopefully my PC does (my smartphone as well), but I'd like to use the speediest connections (proprietary dongles) for the PC and to use the bluetooth connection on Mister.

I was wondering if someone knew how to allow their detection via BT on Mister. Is it simply a matter of adding their PID/VID somewhere or would it require to recompile the kernel with their respective drivers ?

Best regards,

T.
jdeberhart

Re: Logitech G915 & MX Anywhere 3 in Bluetooth?

Unread post by jdeberhart »

Both of those are Bluetooth LE/4.0, but the Bluetooth stack on MiSTer is absolutely ancient and doesn't support it, even if your Bluetooth dongle is also LE/4.0.

See the issue raised here: https://github.com/MiSTer-devel/Scripts ... /issues/39
tmerelle

Hi jedeberhart,

Thank you for the info.
No pb I'll stick with my logitech dongles on Mister then :)

Best regards,

T.
Blorb

Unread post by Blorb »

I have an "MX keys" keyboard and a "mx master 2s" mouse from logitech and use them with my mister and pc, using the unifying dongle that comes with logitechs hardware.... it works well for me I just had to set up the second dongle for the mister using "logitech Unifying Software"
tmerelle

Hi Blorb,

Hey thanks for the tip.
That solved my (small) problem for the MX anywhere 3 mouse !

Not for the g915 tkl keyboard though as it uses a lightspeed dongle, not a 2.4ghz unified one.

Thx again!
Blorb

Unread post by Blorb »

Hey no problem :) happy to help