Dual Sense controllers

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
jangunhed

Dual Sense controllers

Unread post by jangunhed »

First, it is a very nice addition to have LED control on the Dual Sense controllers and also that the touchpad works as a mouse.

However, when configuring the Dual Sense controllers in the main core, these settings do not seem to be saved anymore, which works for the Dual Shock 3 controllers and worked for the Dual Sense controllers before.

This can be confirmed using the new input test core. For example, the L and R buttons do not work although I configured them before.

The Dual Sense controllers worked fine before the update that enabled player number display using the LEDs and the touchpad.
jangunhed

Re: Dual Sense controllers

Hmm, it works when I additionally configure the controller again directly in the Input Test core. So does every pad (type) have to be configured again for each core?

It was my impression before that after configuring several pad types in the main menu (DS3 and Dual Sense in my case) it is enough to have configured each core just once for one pad. Meaning that if "SELECT" is set to insert coins or "L" and "R" are set to be the modifiers for the C64 input, this works for any pad after having configured what "SELECT" and "L" and "R" are on that particular pad in the main menu.

But maybe I wrongly assumed this feature?
jangunhed

Re: Dual Sense controllers

So after configuring the pads again for each core, they work as expected.

Only one thing left about the new Dual Sense support: Whatever Dual-Button-Combo I configure for "Menu" (I tried SELECT+DOWN, START+DOWN and SELECT+START), depending on the chosen combo, 50% of all tries instead of the menu showing I get a message that "MOUSE MODE" or "LIGHTGUN MODE" is toggled ON or OFF.

Is this toggle maybe meant to be set to a certain button combo that is too close to my MENU combos?