Issue when setting up a device

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
Insert Disk Two

Issue when setting up a device

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

I have found an issue when setting up a new controller which needs to skip certain buttons, for example a spinner.

I skip using the space bar but when it gets to 'L' the space bar stops responding and I have to skip using User button on the MiSTer but the setup in the end does not work as required.

Any idea what is going on?
sav2880

Re: Issue when setting up a device

Unread post by sav2880 »

What controller do you find that this is happening with? Just curious. this sounds/feels like something I had happening when setting up my Atari VCS Classic Controller the other day.
Insert Disk Two

Unread post by Insert Disk Two »

Well it's a custom made spinner with buttons. The problem lies with the fact that when you have to register the first button and you cannot skip it by pressing spacebar as it assumes that you are setting up the keyboard. A spinner setup doesn't have directional buttons.
Threepwood

Unread post by Threepwood »

When defining a new controller with "Define Joystick Buttons", simply press any button for "DPAD Test: Press RIGHT" and then press F12 ("User"). This unmaps the button you just pressed for "right press" again, but it will still remember the controller ID. Now you can skip any directional inputs and map the buttons of your spinner correctly.