Can Dolphinbar be used for wii mote sensor bar?

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
BigSlim45

Can Dolphinbar be used for wii mote sensor bar?

Unread post by BigSlim45 »

Can the dolphinbar be used as a wiimote sensor bar in order to play light gun games with mister? I keep seeing the following forum thread but it is unclear to me whether this is possible and what dolphinbar mode would be used. Can someone with experience please describe to me how to set this up?

https://www.atari-forum.com/viewtopic.p ... 6&start=50
AngelicLiver

Re: Can Dolphinbar be used for wii mote sensor bar?

Unread post by AngelicLiver »

I can't see why not. The Wii "Sensor Bar" is a bit of a misnomer, in of itself it has no sensing capabilities at all. It, and by extension all of the third-party accessories are just a series of IR LEDs that the IR camera built into the Wiimotes detect and use to calculate the relative position of the controller.

If you want to try this out yourself try disconnecting the sensor bar entirely and instead use two candles.
Sigismond0

Unread post by Sigismond0 »

According to that thread, modes 1/2/3 worked just as a passible sensor bar and you just pair the Wiimote through your normal BT receiver. It doesn't look like Sorg ever got mode 4 working.

But if modes 1/2/3 work more or less like a regular sensor bar, then it'll be fine. I just have a cheap battery powered wireless sensor bar. All the sensor bar needs to do is provide IR lights for the Wiimote to see, and the Wiimote does all of the actual sensing. As long as you have a BT dongle you should be good.
chocomochino

Unread post by chocomochino »

Look above the Keyboard, is this what you mean? i got it on aliexpress

https://www.instagram.com/p/CZioI3RMxu8/