USB Input issues will MiSTerCade help me

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
EkDor

USB Input issues will MiSTerCade help me

Unread post by EkDor »

I've been having endless issues with my two XinMo USB inputs for my microswitch array. I think the biggest issue is the janky connectors and the dodgy usb connection through the mister usb hub. I could probably mitigate that part by buying another one and hope that it's better built. Just FYI all the connectors were super loose the day I got it and I've had to resort to crimping them slightly and hot glueing the plugs into them. Anyway It's fine for the wi-fi and and keyboard dongles but any cable is too much for it. It had also been slightly crushed in the mail. So anyway, looking about for better usb input options I came across the MiSTerCade which has that lovely large scale side connector. I fancy that. I plan to still use my HDMI to DVI connector to 19" lcd display. Along with my external amp and speakers which can run through the MiSTerCade as well instead of the Mister IO which is also giving me some issues. Additionally I could put the wi-fi on the MiSTerCade and put the keyboard onto the mister micro USB port instead of the USB hub. Does this all sound about right and ok? So on paper it looks ok to me. But I just wanted to run this by others first.
lamarax
Top Contributor

Re: USB Input issues will MiSTerCade help me

Unread post by lamarax »

*not sure if trolling
No, MiSTerCade won't help you. That lovely large scale connector is a JAMMA adapter, intended for the harness inside an original arcade cabinet (hence the name).

I'd suggest you take the hit/refund your sloppy USB board, and buy a new one from reputable sellers, one of which is misteraddons.com (the same who produces the MiSTerCade)