DualSense not working right with a wired connection.

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
SegaSnatcher

DualSense not working right with a wired connection.

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

The Dualsense seems to work fine via BT, but having weird issues with a wired connection.

I can't seem to get a reliable connection via USB cable. Sometimes it will randomly turn on and then turn off again.

There is also an issue where it will work for a couple of seconds than it'll start scrolling through the menu like the down input is stuck.

I don't have this issue using on PC with emulators, just works as expected. I also tried two different cables just to make sure it wasn't a cable issue.

(Update: I don't know exactly what I did, but it appears to work now via USB cable. I think deleting some input configs might have done it.)
SegaSnatcher

Re: DualSense not working right with a wired connection.

Unread post by SegaSnatcher »

NEW Update

After some trial and error trying to figure out what was going on I finally found the issue. Its my Wifi Dongle that was causing issues with the DualSense. If I start MiSTer with the Wifi dongle removed the DualSense works no problem with a wired connection, but the moment I plug in the Wifi dongle the DualSense goes wacky.

My MiSTer setup consists of the Digital I/O, USB Hub 2.1, and 128MB ram module. I'm also using a Triad power supply rated at 4 amps.