OSD (F12) button not recognized anymore on joypads [Solved]

Discussion of keyboards, gamepads, joysticks and other input related peripherals.
dennis808

OSD (F12) button not recognized anymore on joypads [Solved]

Unread post by dennis808 »

I'm having a weird issue with my MiSTer controllers; after setting everything up for the first time and configuring the buttons on my joypads/joystick they worked flawlessly. I'm using a wireless RetroBit Saturn pad 2.4GHz via dedicated USB receiver, an 8-BitDo SN30 Pro GB via BlueTooth (in X-input mode) and a MadCatz Street Fighter IV joystick wired via USB.
On the Saturn pad I used a combo (SELECT + LEFT) and on the SN30 a dedicated button (HOME/HEART) for MENU/OSD which used to work perfectly.
All of a sudden the OSD button (combo) doesn't do anything on any controller, except when pressing F12 on a keyboard (maybe I shouldn't have run the update_all script?).

My setup is quite barebones; a DE-10 Nano with 32MB SDRAM connected to a simple 7-port USB Hub via an OTG cable.
In the hub are the 2.4GHz receiver for the Saturn pad, a WiFi dongle and a BlueTooth dongle.
The hub can be powered separately via it's own PSU, but it makes no difference, removing and changing dongles didn't make any difference either.
Note: this setup used to work perfectly for some time but suddenly stopped.

I tried deleting all files from media/fat/config/inputs and configured all joypads again, the button-input gets recognised during the controller configuration, but not anymore afterwards. What to do?
dennis808

Re: OSD (F12) button not recognized anymore on joypads

Unread post by dennis808 »

SOLVED!!!
I deleted all files from media/fat/config/inputs and configured the joypad again, and now it works as it should, yay!